Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: New starting system location
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there! It's been a while till I posted something wise on forums. Let's move straight to the point.

The current war, aka Kusari Civil war is the most dead war I've ever seen in disco. In my opinion a good step in revising the area, apart from wider ZOI for Exiles, should be moving 'Penny' somewhere to Kusari space. That doesn't require removing penny or even changing it, it would just require changing new player's starting location. Vets and guys with even a little experience can still get away from there by using restarts, even to the said penny using the /restart beginner so that shouldn't affect that much overall gameplay. At the same time, starting location in Kusari, aka dead, space could be a good step into reviving activity. Speaking about Liberty, it already has quite a significant amount of indies, so it shouldn't harm it at all.

Discuss!
Pretty sure it would require the remake and rewrite of all of the infocards related to Penny, Zoners and Liberty Navy as well as the deletion/replacement of a Rogue and Xeno base - not counting stuff like remaking many trade routes including ones for Helium, Plutinium, Pinnael Amulets and other. I like the idea, but there is a bit more work to put into this change than you might think at first.
(08-27-2016, 08:47 PM)King Epo Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there! It's been a while till I posted something wise on forums. Let's move straight to the point.

The current war, aka Kusari Civil war is the most dead war I've ever seen in disco. In my opinion a good step in revising the area, apart from wider ZOI for Exiles, should be moving 'Penny' somewhere to Kusari space. That doesn't require removing penny or even changing it, it would just require changing new player's starting location. Vets and guys with even a little experience can still get away from there by using restarts, even to the said penny using the /restart beginner so that shouldn't affect that much overall gameplay. At the same time, starting location in Kusari, aka dead, space could be a good step into reviving activity. Speaking about Liberty, it already has quite a significant amount of indies, so it shouldn't harm it at all.

Discuss!

exiles are ded
I was thinking of this the other day, but rather linked to the taus rather than another house. In the taus, new players could face early on the situation between Gallia and the Bret/Liberty, and take a side with their freelancers and work towards characters on either side, rather than leaving Gallia and Council as an afterthought.

Would also permit some distance from Okinawa, and keep most of the trade routes conveniently long. There would obviously need a rename and infocard edit to wash out the former links to Liberty.

Better yet, reform Pennsylvania to a "house neutral" starter system, and have the Developers change it's location periodically.

----------

A parallel suggestion people have presented was to make it a closed starter system, with outbound only jumpholes to the House capitals.
Have new players start in Gallia mining stuff there.
Would be good activity boost for Gallia, no?
New player starts at Gallia -> Sees its emptiness -> leaves mod after 30 minute
It wont be empty because other rookies will be there, alongside the RNS lolwuts.

Valor Forward Gun discharge every hour.
How will they see the emptyness if there is a player counter?
Also noobs dont usually rp anyway. All they want is to make cash.
Also what perg said.

I think it would be quite healthy and something different for the usual vanilla disco player to experience.
edit:
it would also encourage factions to exist there for the starting players and also I have never seen bad rp in Gallia. New York on the other hand....
Gallic civil war is so dead you didn't even know it existed. No reason to stick Penn into Gallia. Why would you even want to stick the noobstart in any place to start activity there? How does adding people who don't know anything about the mod or lore or RP customs help invigorate the RP in that place? What people need to do to get activity in any place is to motivate noobs long enough to even discover there even is a remotely interesting RP or gameplay to this mod, other than "save for your cap or base, watch them get destroyed by da pros, then leave".

This mod and "community" has larger problems than the irrelevance of an irrelevant conflict.

I'd list them together with ways to address them, but its useless because everything about this community and mod is just as hopeless as ever.
Some activity in Kusari, even generated by new guys, could be controlled and supported by already existing factions within Kusari. Having more people online would encourage them to log actually. Some new guys tend to ask questions looking at player list and poking highest ranked members. The another part of rookies are ones who don't know to type, don't know how to use player list and have no idea about freelancer itself, and they're leaving disco after a few minutes and will do so either in Liberty Penny or in Kusari Penny.

SImple way to generate activity both for Kusari and Gallia would be a restart location in Kusari with a trade route leading to Gallia. Also don't expect rank30 stargazers to RP, as they don't in Liberty either. They're learning the game and it's a time consuming task. As I've said already, Liberty has quite a decent amount of playerbase, actually the highest one from all houses I'd say, so moving restart location could be very helpful in generating more activity in eg. Kusari. There are already routes leading to Rheinland from Kusari, for example Platinum Ore or so. I'm not sure about Gallic ones as I don't really trade there.
Pages: 1 2