Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Trade Route Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all.
Can you help me with a trade route?
one word ORE.
or should I say I would mine copper in Humboldt in a DSE asteroid miner don't forget the mining gun's.
or mine pscrap in Texas I'm not going to say where though but for this you want a Junker's iffed and id'ed CSF with mining gun's to start off and build from there.
If you really want to get into trading i'd suggest using the first important thing: Interactive Nav-Map. You can access it here on the forum on the top. You'll have to click on "Player Utilities" and then u can click on the "Interactive Nav-Map" thing. It'll open a dynamic map, which makes is easier to find, for example, jumpholes, etc.

Hereby i suggest you to download "Freelancer Companion". I'd suggest you to look it up @ google, idk how the url policy and advertising is on this forum... Anyway, lets get started. This is a great tool, which i have used numerous times by now and i've found a couple of interesting trade routes. I'm not going to spoil them, do things for yourself. You'll start to know and learn a lot about freelancer economy by doing it yourself!

First things first: you'll have to update to the actual map design of the mod. Some ppl on the forum said the Disco map is invisible... Okay, so here it goes: you will need to find your disco map. Mine was in my Users/Frederik (my name/user)/Appdate/Local/Disco...
IDK where you've putted it but mine was there, might help you out a lot. As said, some say the map is invisible and you'll have to make is visible if it is. Not sure how to, google it up once more haha... Click on SETTINGS and then click on Set Freelancer Directory. The actual disco one... Congratulations! Your freelancer companion is now up-to-date. Some stations don't have goods. AND now every price is up-to-date (in general, the selling prices - meaning: you'll have to combine the disco wiki and the companion and even the nav-map).

Tools to use: Click on VIEW
1. Universe map: This tool will show you the actual universe map which is currently implemented. Combine it with the nav-map. The nav-map has a better visual and more information, but the FL companion map has a more updated map.
2. Base Information: This one will show you information about every single station there is to discover in Sirius. Not really using it, but might come in handy if u want to check a specific base.
Now your main tool:
3. Item Repository: This one will give you specific options to select certain items. In general you want to select "Commodity", because you want to start trading... Every item with a "*" is an actual item which will be displayed by price and where you can find it. You can select Bases selling or buying. Remember, combine with the wiki, the selling prices don't match all the time, meaning there could be a lower selling price elsewhere. Not all the commodities have actual data, so don't be dissapointed when you come accross a lot of empty commodities, they're somewhere, just not in the companion lol.

Alright, you've succesfully mastered the FL companion. Now get your ass in-game and start trading! I do have to say, trading isn't really profitable, compared to mining, but has a lot of RP involved, if you do it right. Especially when using liners/ transporting passengers (hiring crew, food rations, whiskey,...). Othen then that, one more tip: don't be dissapointed and look further. You'll come accross a lot of trade routes and eventually you'll find better and better ones. I've got my collection complete now: with a max. 5.000 transport i could earn 90-ish mil in just an hour.

Final step: make sure your in-game ID and ship AND goods are 'compatible'. What i'm trying to tell you is... some goods are prohibited in certain systems, especially the higher income ones. Look up the "Laws Of Sirius" on the forum. Certain house systems don't allow certain goods and you'll be 'arrested' or even killed when you do take these goods into their house space. Make sure you check your ID. Certain ID's only allow ships of max. cargo 4.300,... And limitation of ship use. That's about it... these are the most important things i've got to tell you about trading.

Summary:
Download "FL Compainon" -> Add in the right directory from the disco mod. (Paragraph 2 & 3)
Details about FL Companion paragraph 4.
Use the interactive Nav-Map, Disco wiki, FL companion and (perhaps) an excel sheet. Last one is for calculations.
Make sure ur ID, Ship and goods are lawful. Check Laws Of Sirius @ forum, check the disco wiki and in-game.
Trader tips paragraph 5 & 6.

There you go, now you're a hardcore henr... trader; enjoy the RP! Smile
(08-27-2016, 10:12 PM)Bosh Gaming Wrote: [ -> ]Hello all.
Can you help me with a trade route?

First thing you need to do is travel around the local systems, hit every single place you can dock at BEFORE getting into fights with the various pirates.

For instance, start in Pennsylvania, hit every place you can find, go to New York, hit all the dockable places there.

Doing this will give you a few nice short trade runs in a relatively safe area

Don't be afraid of going off the tradelanes and looking in debri fields, you never know when you will find a wreck that will drop some items that will give you a little extra cash, but watch out for pirates!

Also those fields will generally have scrap you can shoot and tractor in, you will be surprised just how much you can get for that 'free' cargo if you take it to the right place.

The smart traders here will not give you really good runs to do, most of them have taken the time to find them, you should too.

One thing to note is that more often than not, distance = credits. The further you take something, the more likely you are to get a lot for it and it does not have to be a fancy item.
Water, oxygen and other similar 'basic needs' items can be bought low and sold high elsewhere....... finding the elsewhere is the trick. Wink

An example is Helium, easily mined in Pennsylvania. Take that out to Kusari (I'm not saying where) and the 'free' Helium you get by mining is worth quite a lot.