Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: commodities brainstorming ideas, for fun!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
looking at the many commodities we have in FL, it kind of bothered me to see we had 'duplicates' of certain commodities, for example Vacationers.

So I had this idea of putting prefixes on certain commodities where it'd make sense:

Passengers -> Liberty Passengers

Examples include:

> Passengers
> Vacationers
> Tourists
> VIP's
> Light Arms
> Luxury Food
> Consumer Goods
> Luxury Consumer Goods
> Marines (which IMO should be called Troopers instead)
> Military Vehicles (which IMO would rather have Ground Vehicles)
> Criminals (IMO, there ought to also be Reformed Criminals, which ISN'T part of the prefix list)

I also thought the liquors be separated into two: the general versions (Ale, Gin, Sake, etc.), and their famous prefixed counterparts (Liberty Ale, Bretonian Gin, Kusari Sake, etc.).

What's more, prefixed commodities can aid in giving blurbs of the culture they came from:

Quote:::: Corsair Trooper :::

Born and bred from and into some of the harshest environments known to man, and then rigorously trained to the brink of death repeatedly, troopers of the Imperio are some of the toughest and most feared soldiers in all of Sirius. Known for their brutal efficiency in warfare, few other soldiers would willingly go toe-to-toe against even just one of them, save their eternal rivals the Outcasts, who are already superhumans themselves.

Main Selling Points: Planet Crete

Quote:::: Outcast Trooper :::

What the Corsairs excel in terms of nurturing the best supersoldiers in Sirius, the Outcasts are, by nature, born talented. Long-term Cardamine usage has given these troopers super strength, amazing reflexes, sharper senses and even some degree of resilience to light arms fire. Few other squads of soldiers could ever measure up against a single Outcast soldier, save their eternal rivals the Corsairs and their spartan-like training.

Main Selling Points: Planet Malta

Quote:::: Liberty Light Arms :::

Light Arms include a wide array of portable weapons intended for personal defense, ranging from handheld blasters to shoulder-mounted needler rifles. While not (usually) suited to major military offensives, this line of weaponry is more than adequate for protecting oneself in close quarters combat.

Detroit Munitions, a partner of Ageira, produces much of Liberty's more popular light arms, but it's not uncommon to find a diverse variety of arms made under small name brands due to Liberty's prolific gun culture.

Main Selling Points: Detroit Munitions, Planet Manhattan, Planet Denver, Planet Houston, Planet Los Angeles

What do you guys think? I'd like to hear from you all your ideas for these sort of prefixed commodity, and maybe even their infocards!
if you check my commodities page i have done some of those, especially the drinks

i am making the icons, and i upload to xoria, who puts them in when done, its a lot of work to try to make 64x64 icons look good

ive made them from the cheapest selling points

[Image: giEHS6G.png] [Image: Zyk33iZ.jpg] [Image: ViCcvuu.jpg]

mollys whiskey, vodka from coalition samura brandy, rhenbier and liberty ale, bretonian gin, wine (various locations, but will probably put the gallia logo on front)

all part of the icons pack i made