Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Turning traderships into warships: Gun/Turrets use cargo!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(09-02-2016, 03:23 PM)Reid Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody tell Jayce about this, he'll be unstoppable

Fat.Clydesdale, forever in my nightmares.

In relevance to the topic, while it'd be a fun thing to try, it'd give far too much leverage to corporations as they would get what could effectively be capital class vessels. The main goal of transport weapons is to deflect incoming fighters until the transport can reach safety. Although I recently watched a video that showed me that Storks are already their own class of civilian gunboats.
(09-02-2016, 03:23 PM)Reid Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody tell Jayce about this, he'll be unstoppable

Exactly also transports(light) have 160 thruster speed and 100 impulse faster than gunboats

Jayce will become immortal

I already am, there's no need to tell me anything.
Do transports have the energy to fire military grade armament?
(09-02-2016, 03:32 PM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]Do transports have the energy to fire military grade armament?

A Justice Mk I is military grade. If a Starflier can fire it, a Transport can fire it.

Why can't we have extra powercore enhancements?
I'll have a go at conceptualizing the idea. There are some placeholder turret entries quite similar to what is presented here, none of them got finalized, though.
(09-02-2016, 03:34 PM)Jayce Wrote: [ -> ]A Justice Mk I is military grade

Mount full Justice Mk I-s on that Percheron and slaughter civilians sporting Debs and Purple Goddesses. "Surprise, this is a Q-ship!" Could be fun.
(09-02-2016, 03:30 PM)Wulverine Wrote: [ -> ]while it'd be a fun thing to try, it'd give far too much leverage to corporations as they would get what could effectively be capital class vessels. The main goal of transport weapons is to deflect incoming fighters until the transport can reach safety.

This is actually a fair point! Thank you for indicating. Indeed, I imagine House laws would have to change to encompass the potential of an entirely-new shipline governing Q-ship usage, to keep corporations from becoming too powerful and be able to overthrow their governments.

... oh wait.
[looks at GMG, IMG, Hogosha, Junkers, FA, LWB]

House laws could be changed in that only the military/police force are allowed to equip Q-ships. Also, it'll give factions such as the GMG and IMG the ability to field sub-capital-class vessels for themselves instead of having had to develop their own capital-class line.

(09-02-2016, 03:30 PM)Wulverine Wrote: [ -> ]Although I recently watched a video that showed me that Storks are already their own class of civilian gunboats.

[Image: 71471595.jpg]
Just buy a Battletransport, mount a cap 8 + bs scanner and you can hunt gunboats and higher stuff down.
I acutally like the idea. To counter this, house corporations could loose their ability to use gunboats ID-wise. It depends on how the q-ship turrets will be implemented.

What I am wondering though:

Is it possible to give differrent turrets of the same class different cargo usage? ATM, normal transport turrets use 5 cargo units per slot. The Q-ship turrets would need more space ofcourse to counter the additional firepower as already said.

Otherwise, there will have to be a revision of the turret classes, although they are already limited to 10. AFAIK.
Pages: 1 2 3 4