Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Connecticut
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was wondering if it would be possible to create one-way jumpholes/jumpgates to Connecticut from all houses. It would mean you wouldn't have people trawling through Liberty in their pirate cruisers and what-not saying "I'm going to Connecticut"...only for them to launch an attack from Connecticut later on. This way, you could only go into Connecticut (obviously there would be no stations there, otherwise you could get stuck there forever). It would eliminate the possible OoRP attacks from Connecticut, as well as the OoRP trips to Connecticut for unlawfuls. Making the jumpholes one-way means no threat of power-smugglers. Once you're in there; you have to die to get back out.

*If* it is possible to make one-way jumpholes, there might be an issue with players new to the server going in there only to realize they can't get out...warning signs and messages maybe?

I have little to no experience with modding Freelancer so i have no clue if this is possible.

Comment or shoot it down in flames if its definitely not possible.
Don't know how it would work, but you could go back the way you came, and no other jh would be acessable.
the one way JH idea is very good... i hate it to fly with a rheinland, or corsair ship to conneticut and se rheinland fighter in space bla bla bla
It's fine the way it is. Pirates that abuse Conn get their 'Neutral' rep set to hostile by the admins (as a couple of Order Osirises have shown).
I think this would be a very good idea. Then you would not have players have to alert or or make OORP contact to let people know they are coming through. ie, RH crusier maked contact with highest ranking Liberty player and before they get there someone comes online to the server and starts blasting them when they are in NY before chiming in.

' Wrote:It's fine the way it is. Pirates that abuse Conn get their 'Neutral' rep set to hostile by the admins (as a couple of Order Osirises have shown).
Ah yes, but what about lawfuls other than Liberty's own that want to do some OoRP 'training'? Sure they could go to their guard systems...but it would be more fun, in my LN character, to fight against something that isn't commonly found in Liberty...say Rhienland ships? Would also be good training *if* a war breaks out between Rhienland and Liberty:laugh:

Also, could i get someone to confirm whether or not the one-way jumpholes/jumpgates are even possible??
Balance issues...

That is what comes to mind when I think of making a quick buck by taking a commodity from one side of Sirius to the other in 3 jumps.
' Wrote:Balance issues...

That is what comes to mind when I think of making a quick buck by taking a commodity from one side of Sirius to the other in 3 jumps.
Uhhh...they would be one-way jumpholes/jumpgates...once you're in Connecticut, you can't get back out without dying. Is that what you meant?
I know one way jh's are possible, since another mod (crossfire) used them in one of their systems (it was set up like a maze of some sort).
I also think this is a good idea, if it's done like this:

1. only entrance jumpholes, no exit jumpholes (to prevent shortcuts for traders/smugglers)
2. no bases in connecticut, instead put a base next to the entrance jumpholes (to prevent getting stuck in connecticut).
3. put a sun or planet in connecticut (like it is now) to make suicides possible (in case no one is there to kill you).

Warning signs should also be possible, since i saw custom made signs in the crossfire mod as well.
' Wrote:Uhhh...they would be one-way jumpholes/jumpgates...once you're in Connecticut, you can't get back out without dying. Is that what you meant?
There's also only one-way trade routes. You could bring Artifacts/Cardamine into New York almost in an instant and fly back to Crete/Malta the normal way. Even if the way back takes quite long the way to NY takes a few minutes, enough to compensate the loss from the long way.
Pages: 1 2