Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Captial Missile Turrets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Would like to point some observations
1) They use ammo (understandably to stop spamming)
2) Once ammo is depleted they are just useless turret that have no purpose
3) They have lower refire than mortars (same as heavy Mortars)
4) They do a much lower damage than Mortars (BS Missiles)
5) They use the same power as a mortar. (BS Missiles)
6) Less effective vs Ships that do not have components

Currently i see no use to mount them when there are better options available

My suggestion: Lower the power consumption to make it viable.
as much as i would love to see their damage upped heavily instead of power consumption, due to their wonky mechanics about explosion Radius and current disco equipment HP, that would cause weapons and shields ripped apart by missiles

my suggestion is either upping their refire and lowering power consumption while keeping the damage same, or make them with unlimited ammo
(09-07-2016, 07:31 PM)Unlucky_Soul Wrote: [ -> ]6) Less effective vs Ships that do not have components

This is why I'd like them to not be viable "yet".

Since they can nearly instakill vanilla caps.
(09-07-2016, 08:02 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2016, 07:31 PM)Unlucky_Soul Wrote: [ -> ]6) Less effective vs Ships that do not have components

This is why I'd like them to not be viable "yet".

Since they can nearly instakill vanilla caps.

then isnt it imbalanced for faction with vanilla caps?
Carry countermeasures or flaks. 20 missiles vs 145 CMs? What is the problem??
(09-07-2016, 08:15 PM)eigos Wrote: [ -> ]Carry countermeasures or flaks. 20 missiles vs 145 CMs? What is the problem??

you dont have CMs in the front Tongue
(09-07-2016, 08:15 PM)Unlucky_Soul Wrote: [ -> ]then isnt it imbalanced for faction with vanilla caps?
Yeah it is. It's much stronger than it is supposed to be against vanilla cap players.
(09-07-2016, 08:17 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2016, 08:15 PM)Unlucky_Soul Wrote: [ -> ]then isnt it imbalanced for faction with vanilla caps?
Yeah it is. It's much stronger than it is supposed to be against vanilla cap players.

perhaps for the sake of balance remove them?
The caps or the missile turrets?
(09-07-2016, 08:25 PM)Skorak Wrote: [ -> ]The caps or the missile turrets?

Either the missile turrets or the components in vanilla caps. Or add components to non vanilla caps
Pages: 1 2