Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Affiliate: Cpt. Kadego Sudrossa
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Your name: Kadego Sudrossa
Your desired callsign: Eigos
Origin: Mixed (Hispanic/Rheinlandic)
Area of skills/expertise/experience: Ship Design, Engineering, Resourcefulness (because that is what I live by);
Vessel(s): The.Shovel; Cpt.K's.Transport;
Past Contact with Auxesia: First Contact
Why do you wish to help us?: I believe everything I do will be of mutual benefit.
[Image: HZ1dgdY.png]

»INCOMING TRANSMISSION«

» COMM-ID: Keeper Raven
» ENCRYPTION: EXTREME
» LOCATION: ???
» SUBJECT: -

»STARTING MESSAGE«

Accepted. Your ship and identification was added to the records, welcome aboard.

Say, perhaps you're willing to help us out on a small scouting job?

We're fascinated in a scouting report of the Independant Worlds. If you're interested in this, we're offering a compensation of 5,000,000 credits for each of these systems to be charted and the map data uploaded to this relay. The following systems are:

-Cortez
-Magellan
-Humboldt
-Kansas
-Cassini
-Inverness
-Kepler
-Galileo
-Bering
-Hudson

Pick any select of them, you don't have to do them all. Remember, five 'mill per one fully - or almost, charted system.

[Image: 976nCIp.png]

[[ENDING TRANSMISSION]]
[Image: VC0OqN3.jpg]
Cpt. Kadego Sudrossa
╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
SECURE CHANNEL TRANSMISSION
AUDIO FEED: [AVAILABLE] VIDEO FEED: [OFFLINE] MESSAGING: [ENABLED]

To: AuxesiaHQ
Subject: [Unspecified]
Priority: █ █ █ █ ▒
Encryption: [VERY HIGH]

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Planet Curacao /Cortez System/
SENDER├─────── RELAY ONLINE ───────┤RECIPIENT

I will take the following systems:
- Cassini;
- Galileo;
- Kepler;

There are old maps of Cassini on my database, courtesy of my old pal Diego back in Malta... probably as old as myself. I am interested in freshening up on the changes in that system and while I am at it, charting Kepler and Galileo seems like the logical choice - they are right on the way.

The flight path will most likely be a zig-zag of sorts, charting solars and bases from a safer distance. My cloak should provide enough cover to pass through Cassini like a shadow.

One last detail... I will not be taking the destroyer for this mission. My transport is equipped with the heaviest cloak money can buy, and the cargo bay will be full of batteries, enough to last a whole day of exploration.

I will talk to you after I get back!

├─────── TRANSMISSION END ───────┤
[Image: VC0OqN3.jpg]
Cpt. Kadego Sudrossa

Subject: [Unspecified]
Priority: █ █ █ █ ▒

Pueblo Bonito /Baffin System/

Here we go...
Cassini: [Map]; [Foster Base];
Kepler: [Map]; [Puena Base]; [Blackport Base & Blackhack Hangar];
Galileo: [Map];

What impressed me most was the enormous Blackport 66 with its attached Blackhack Hangar. Now, that is how you build a facility.

You can forward the payment to The.Shovel's neuralnet... and I am taking a break at the bar on Pueblo (yes, Pueblo).

»INCOMING TRANSMISSION«

»STARTING MESSAGE«

Credits sent. We already knew about the stations, but, I gave you a little side bonus for your time on it. Although, huh, could have sworn the Blackport was smaller. Oh well.

[Image: rw6xxM1.png]

[[ENDING TRANSMISSION]]

»INCOMING TRANSMISSION«

»STARTING MESSAGE«

I have a small job proposal for you, if you're up for it. If the others do it before you, well, that's just unfortunate.

Forwarding Data Wrote:I'm very interested in obtaining some samples of these weapons and the shielding prototypes for observation. I can send some people over to assist, but, if it's possible, perhaps you could temporarily store them on the Freeport in Tau-29 for our transports to pick up? We'll pay - of course. $3000 per unit of the samples. Limit of 10,000 units each.

All that is required is the evidence of the cargo being delivered.

[[ENDING TRANSMISSION]]
...neural.uplink detected...
...starting encryption...establishing connection...
identified: Keeper Leviathan
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: tbarlevia.png]

Captain Sudrossa.

It's been a rather long time since we've heard from you over this network, barring the few instances we worked together in the field over the last couple of years. What's your status? We have a situation developing that might require your assistance.

To be a bit more specific, Bretonia has decided to lock us out and have attacked our forces in cooperation with the Gaians. This has been rather problematic, as I've been in the process of assembling a sizeable force to combat a variety of mutual enemies we happen to share with The Crown. They've given us no reason as to why, and have been uncooperative in matters leading to this event. Their radical actions and behavior suggest they're being manipulated, however this is remains a supposition.

The nature of the lock-out has put strain on our security. There are threats far more concerning than skirmishes with what used to be our allies brewing in the local area, and it'd be most unfortunate if we were left with no other choice but to remove them.

In light of this, we'd like to inquire about enlisting your assistance in securing and monitoring a small sector of our territory for any insurgency attempts, and possible assistance levied in the event combat does occur. If however this is unacceptable to you, I'd be interested in negotiating other means of which we can acquire some assistance. You'll be paid accordingly of course.

Besides, when's the last time you paid us a visit?

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
identified: Keeper Leviathan
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: tbarlevia.png]

Hello Captain.

I wanted to thank you again for your arrival and support. For documentation purposes, I'm leaving the contents of our discussion regarding your vessel in this network for future reference. I'll await your response so we can finalize our arrangement.

| X |

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
[Image: Ekt1HNC.jpg]
Cpt. Kadego Sudrossa

Subject: [Back from the unknown]
Priority: █ █ ▒ ▒ ▒

Planet Cambridge /Cambridge System/

Buenos dias, Keepers...!

It's been a hot minute... or a year... or several years, as I came to find out for myself.

I know your memory never falters, so I won't even ask if you remember me (that would be an insult to you and I don't insult friends. Unless I'm drunk, which hasn't happened in... several years, for a very specific reason - I ran out of booze, food and... I'll explain the details in a second here).

Someone close to me once said "An intelligent mind never sleeps - even when it solves all problems that needed solving. That's when the hypotheticals come in... to keep that same mind busy, until another challenge presents itself".

Here's a hypothetical that kept my mind 'busy' for the past 4 years, up to this very day - what really happens inside of a gravitational anomaly field (that we call 'Jump Hole'), when that same anomaly encounters another 'mysterious force', which just so happens to be of a similar nature, opposite direction and ends up having a flow-down effect on the mono-directional traversal...? And, say, some unfortunate (or 'lucky', depending on one's views) son of a gun just so happens to be traversing said Jump Hole, minding their own business, while the above occurs... what are the odds of survival? Where would said traversing spacecraft end up at...? And, most importantly... WHEN would it end up.

Gravity and time. A symbiotic, dichotomous and eternal relationship. As old as... time. Or gravity.
The first one, Gravity, can be a friend (can also not be). The other, time... is never your friend. It runs out on you, or puts you in... difficult times, when it decides to change it's own rate of speed. So, what are the odds of encountering all that, living through it and spending time (lots and lots of time), before finally deciding to 'put and end to it' and resorting to the cryo-chamber for an indefinite amount of "local time"...?

If it's about chances, then it seems I hit the lottery, compadres... and I'm still trying to decide whether I won a prize for surviving, or I lost at life itself. All for the sake of "Exploration" and my own adrenaline addiction (which could also be a bigger problem than my ego, upon some self-reflection).
After spending years just trying to find a way back into known space/time, where most of everyone I knew is either dead, missing or not receiving any of my hails, I am still weighing the 'good' against the 'bad', undecided which outweighs the other.

I've had enough hypotheticals to deal with lately, so I'll summarize what happened:
- Can't remember which jump hole I discovered and where... memory should recover, unknown when (doctors say);
- Upon jumping, traversal time slowed down to a crawl; Supplies aboard ship dwindled, cryo-stasis engaged for personal survival;
- The 4-year-long 'jump' ended unexpectedly, with my ship semi-intact, floating in the Peterborough Asteroid Field, in Cambridge;
- Woken from stasis and rescued within days by a BMM patrol, ship towed to Portsmouth Drydock a week after (costing me some major credits);
- Got detained by authorities, had some explaining to do and some local brass to brief on the ins and outs of 'how & why are you still alive';
- Got brought on to Planet Cambridge, did a complete report on my 'scientific findings' to the local eggheads, turned down offers for medical research on me;
- Monetized my collected scientific data, wrote a draft for a movie script with intent to sell for more profit;

As it stands, I'll also brief you on my current sit-rep:
- My destroyer has, after some 'expert calculations', aged somewhere between 200-450 human years, making it possibly half the age of a Colony Sleeper ship;
- External repairs are complete at Portsmouth, but the interior is in a barely recognizable state - functional short-term, but needs a complete rebuild;
- Firepower has taken a big hit, with two hardpoints utterly destroyed (ripped off, along with a section of the bow). Remaining turret count is 10, down from 12;
- The power plant is replaced, as the old one failed to be refueled and was 98% depleted of Thorium. New plant features more capacity, but less output;
- Engines are relatively unscathed, but might benefit from a change down the road. Latest thruster technology was put in place, still getting used to that;
- Financially barely broke even after tow job and repairs, looking for jobs that don't explicitly involve incurring additional repair bills from fiery encounters;

Uncertain what my next step will be, so I'm sending you this message and hope it finds you and your organization well. I have still a few things to wrap up here on Planet Cambridge, as well as finish my mountain hike that I took to set my mind straight on what's next. Feels good to be on solid ground for once...

If you have a job lined up, shoot me a message. I'm looking to relive the 'good old days' and a lot of catching up to do.

Cpt. K. Sudrossa, out.

identified: Revenant
...TRANSLATING DATA...

[Image: ozHP6dh.png]

DISPLAYING MESSAGE

Fret not. I too was ensnared within the hyperspatial field when the blackout occurred. How you and I survived it, beyond me. Perhaps you are even more fortunate, I was only within it for a few months, compared to your ... years. There are some side effects from it however, that of which may manifest within the future. We'll see. I'm glad you're out of limbo hell.

To catch you up to speed, Leviathan is dead, I stepped down from Keeper three... no... four? Five? Years ago. Stavros has been acting head, previously the Overseer for all Military activity.

What happened to your mighty warship? Is it still at Portsmouth? You need to get it out of there as soon as possible. The Bretonians will attempt to reclaim it. The Citadel has some space to 'put it on ice' until you get the necessary funds to restore it. We can do such, if you desire, but we will need great payment.

Ah, to catch you up with politics, long story short; Bretonia tried to subjuguate us, we successfully resisted thus far, and are at a state of conflict. Or so they want to imagine, but we've done well thus far trying to resist them moving into our homeland. They have been distracted by Dublin's takeover for now.

I do have some jobs in mind. Some menial, some are high risk missions. Some more moderately difficult. Only when you are ready to fly again.

MESSAGE ENDED

...transmission complete
...terminating stream
Pages: 1 2