Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Capture The Flag Event] - Gallic Heist [Complete]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
THIS SUNDAY ON THE 11th OF SEPTEMBER, 19:00 UTC (SERVER TIME) ...

[Image: I6tg6Hc.png]
THE GALLIC HEIST

Technical Information

Event Type: Capture The Flag
Event Duration: 1-2 Hours
IDs Allowed: Any*

Focus Group: Gallic Lawfuls. Gallic Unlawfuls. **
Team-Orientated Event?: Yes

*ID ZOI rules apply.
**After the package leaves Gallia, it will depend on which route to the destination the player takes.

Event Description

A scandal has occurred!
The "Oeil Massif" , a fist-sized flawless purple diamond, the pride and joy of one of the most prestigious jewelcutting companies on New Paris has been stolen. Having been scheduled for transportation by a professional company that would have used untagged ships, it quickly turned out that the company itself had been set up for this occasion. What a price to pay for one of the most valuable wonders on Paris. The thieves, however, are just as smart as they are ambitious - the jewel cannot stay in Gallia, it would be impossible to sell there. Instead of doing so themselves, the thieves have sold the information of the location to the ship and its valuable contents to certain Sirian groups and pocketed the money. The risk of transporting the jewel and selling it will be up to a third party.

The destination is a no-brainer. Liberty - the hub of Sirius and a place where due to diplomatic ties (or lack thereof) the stolen diamond would be met with open arms - by anyone.
Now to just get it there....

Event Setup

The "Oeil Massif" is a custom commodity made for this event. It has only 3 sellpoints, all of which will be active only for the duration of this event. You will not be able to get the cargo and log off to transfer it later.
It will be placed on a ship that will then in turn be placed in a Gallic system using a random number generator. The location and name of the ship will not be disclosed until the start of the event.

The sellpoints for this commodity is as follows:

Planet Manhattan - New York System (Lawful) - 500 000 000$
Rochester Base - New York System (Unlawful/Neutral) - 500 000 000$
Bethlehem Station - Pennsylvania System (Unlawful/Neutral) - 500 000 000$

You will have to use yours wits, tactics and luck to get the goods to one of these stations.
The commodity is fragile and very destructible - so be careful!

Event Rules and Regulations

Due to the nature of this event, a lot of problems can occur. One of the more probable ones - the impact of problematic players. This whole event will be recorded and will be supervised. Proceed with shenanigans at your own risk.

Possible outcomes:
GRN capture the item and return it to Planet New Paris - Event ends. The person who docked the item will receive whatever is left of the GRN/GRP kill claim pot as compensation.
The item is successfully smuggled out of Gallia and delivered to Liberty - the player receives the 500 000 000$ and the event ends.
The item is destroyed - event ends.

A reminder. This is a CTF event, but the setting is still IRP. Please refrain from using OORP or disruptive actions to gain advantage over other players. For example - using permanently cloaked nomad characters to smuggle the item and give it off to FL IDs. Such and similar actions will be punished under 4.4.

That being said.
Please, have fun and forget about the drama for one day. If only so far as to replace it with different drama.

Event sponsored by spazzybank
Due to a few PMs on forums and skype: the coordinates to the ship will be given via Map Coords + How many K below/above the plane it is. You won't need to fiddle around with /pos.
Looking forward to this , and i hope i can make it , since 19:00 is not my prime time . (happy)
So in a nutshell, first to the ship pops it and grabs the diamond, then avoids EVERYONE that will also be on their way to the ship, and still avoiding everyone gets it from the Gallic system to one of the three Liberty systems to sell for 500 mills. Sounds like a job for...SUPERJUNKER!!!
I just hope I'm awake for it Confused
(09-08-2016, 09:52 AM)Tex.Mex Wrote: [ -> ]So in a nutshell, first to the ship pops it and grabs the diamond, then avoids EVERYONE that will also be on their way to the ship, and still avoiding everyone gets it from the Gallic system to one of the three Liberty systems to sell for 500 mills. Sounds like a job for...SUPERJUNKER!!!

That is how a heist works, ye (sun)
Though remember that GRN can easily pop any non-gallic ID as combat target in their ZOI.
Does the ship move or does it stand still?
The ship will be, essentially, a dead-drop. It can be destroyed (By any ID) to get the cargo inside, just like all of the previous events.

Oh, also, this event was being written up BEFORE the vote here: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=142954
So the next events will be using the results of that vote.
Damnit, and I am away on that day.

This would have been something for #5
Guys, if you'd rather have this event on a Sunday evening, let me know. That can be done.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7