Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Bar Modeling - Dev question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello hello

Me and were looking through the moding stuff for systems and stumbled upon the actual models for the bars and launch screens we see in game. I was really fascinated actually with the modeling that is for the bars and I came to think: Is it possible to make custom bar models?

Well I am in Architecture atm and it is not to hard for me to think of some interior ideas. I was thinking if i could be able to make a design , model it, and have it implemented into the mod?? That would be sick!

I already see that in Akbat mooring place there is a copy-paste of Crete so that brings the option that it is actually possible to mod this stuff. The question is now if we can make things from scratch!
Sounds awesome! Perhaps we could choose which one we want for PoB's!
(09-09-2016, 04:26 PM)Yeggito Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds awesome! Perhaps we could choose which one we want for PoB's!

If that is the case then OOMMMGG i would have SO much fun designing one for my PoB
Bar and world models can be done. The assets are not the hardest things to make, it's the THN file that will make you lose your mind.
is the THN file doable, though?
Definitely, it's just really tedious and "complex" if you can say that. It's one of the least explored aspects of FL modding in my opinion and the only person I know of that deeply went into its inner workings is Treewyrm. You don't need to attain that level of expertise for simple scenes though.

Also it's not possible to have custom appearances for individual POBs. RIP.
Didn't think so; just thought it called assets (bar = zonerbase1_bar.filename set, or kusariBS_bar.filename set, etc.). I mean, it has to find what is assigned to the docked planet/base, just thought we could force it.
(09-09-2016, 07:53 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]is the THN file doable, though?

To add on what Alley said about THNs:

Incase you were unaware, THNs can be opened using i.e. Notepad++ simply by changing the file extension from .thn to .lua and then opening it with your program of choice.
Each file is seperated into 3 parts, duration, entities and events; duration should be fairly self-explanatory, entities describes the assets used in your scene (name, type, attributes), events controls which, when and how long a sripted event lasts. Note that a single location/scene may require multiple different .thn files to properly work, i.e. br_01_bar has three seperate ones - ambi.int_01 (fx such as lights), enter_01 (camera/scene for entering the bar), hardpoint_01 (positions for models, cameras etc).
even if you cannot do it for PoBs, I still have 1-2 places in mind that i can do it on.
If i have some time I'll dabble in making plans that can be modeled . this should be fun!
You can recycle existing THNs easily enough if you just change the aesthetic elements of a room and keep everything in the same location, so your character isn't walking through tables or something.

Lighting, etc will likely need to be changed but that's far easier to do than pathing.
Pages: 1 2