Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Starting a Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heyyo Discovery Community,

Ok soo buncha friends and I are replaying Freelancer and wanna start our own server for just random general shenanigans among ourselves and we were gonna install Discovery Mod since it has extra stuff 'n what not. I found some information on the wiki about the mod has all the files to run/start our own server but it says to use IONCROSS and it being 2016 I can't get IONCROSS to work for the life of me..

I have tried finding the comdlg32.ocx file and I found it and put it in the right windows folders and made sure I did the register command in cmd prompt etc.. and nothing.. I can't get it to work.

My question is could we use DS Process Manager instead and if so how does that work or is there a guide or anything we can use to get it all working?
You can just run the flserver.exe if you want. There's no requirement to use any program to run the server

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(09-13-2016, 03:52 AM)RamRawR Wrote: [ -> ]You can just run the flserver.exe if you want. There's no requirement to use any program to run the server

After I install the mod etc.. right?

1. Install Freelancer
2. Install Discovery
3. Mod Manager & activate mod
4. run FL Server?

or?
(09-13-2016, 03:54 AM)Dimmizer Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2016, 03:52 AM)RamRawR Wrote: [ -> ]You can just run the flserver.exe if you want. There's no requirement to use any program to run the server

After I install the mod etc.. right?

1. Install Freelancer
2. Install Discovery
3. Mod Manager & activate mod
4. run FL Server?

or?

Correct

There is no mod manager, or any need to activate the mod. Whatever guide you're looking at appears to be ancient.

When you install Discovery, you choose where you want to save it to. If you navigate to where you saved it to, inside the EXE folder, there is a program called flserver.exe - That's what you're going to be looking for.

IONCROSS hasn't been used for years and years..

DSProcessManager doesn't actually run the server. It monitors it, yes. Though you need to run the flserver.exe program anyways.
Still you can use IONCROSS folder for info on item names etc Smile
Thank you everyone Big Grin ♥ ♥