Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: HELP with cursor creation/editing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey I tried to play a bit with the cursor.txm but it's harder as I thought or I just don't do the right thing xD

So, here is what I did so far:

- I opened the cursor.txm file in UTF editor
- Extracted the MIP0 node into .tga formate picture
- Opened this one in paint.net (i guess photoshop would work too)
- After having modified what I wanted different, without changing the size or position of the symbols used for the cursors, I saved this file, again as .tga file.
- I imported this changed texture back into the cursor.txm file, made a backup of the original one in the SCREENS folder and put the new one in it's place.
- Didn't touch the mousie.ini since it's setting the coordinates for the several cursors used.
- Open the launcher, start the game.

And here is where it get a bit weird:
- Game crashes as soon as it's supposed to open the menu screen...

Can anyone tell me what's wrong?
Two things which could be causing this.

1: The TGA could've been saved with RLE compression, which Freelancer can't handle. You'll need to save it with a program that has the option to turn this off.
2: If the dimensions of the TGA were changed then it could crash the game. Freelancer can't handle textures that don't have a 1:1 aspect ratio and aren't powers of two. ie; only 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048
Great! Now it works! Smile

it was indeed the RLE compression that messed up everything.

Thank you Big Grin
And here is the quick edit to see if it works:

Cursors

I'm gonna make others once I know what to do x)
Well those are certainly interesting. I can't say they're my style or that they'll catch on with the community, but they fit FL's aesthetic and are pretty well made. Props, dude.
Those cursors are definitely interesting, i'd definitely try them out if you were to include a download link to the modified files.