Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Artefact Smugglers' Comm Link
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
--------------Initiating New Communications Protocol--------------------

-------Transmitting to known fellow smugglers in Database---------------

--New Communications Channel Open---------------------------------------

-------------Incoming Transmission------------------------------------------

Comm ID: Codename "Blubba"
To: All known participants in the Artefact Trade

Honourable fellow businessmen, with tightening security in Bretonia and Liberty, and with ever increasing demand for our wares; Alien Artefacts, in the House capitals, both I and a number of my associates feel it may be necessary for communications between participants in our honourable trade to begin.
It has been many years since the days of Sean Ashcroft the First, one of the pioneers of our business, and today we are no longer welcomed by many criminal elements in territories such as Liberty. What's more, the LSF and Bretonian Armed Forces have stepped up their patrols along known smuggling routes in an attempt to suffocate our business and block the flow of our merchandise into the House capitals.
The hostility of the Outcasts to our trade is well known, and over the years of indoctrination of Liberty criminal groups by the outcasts, and the lack of organisation within our trade, elements of the Lane Hackers and Liberty Rogues now look upon us with disdain.

However, my friends, despite increased hostility along our routes, the days of hardship may be coming to an end.
Recently, one of my associates received word that the Lane Hackers may begin supporting our business again in exchange for restocking and financial support. I am sure that if a deal can be brokered with the Lane Hackers, the Liberty Rogues may well follow suit and enter negotations regarding their own slice in our trade.
In short, my friends, if we stand together, we may find that Liberty will become a much friendlier place than it has been in the past.

As smugglers, we have no love for the corrupt organisations of the Houses, and I for one would be happy to pledge financial and logistical support (in the form of occasional supply shipments) to organisations such as the Lane Hackers, particularly if it meant that my business would be made easier as a result.

However, honourable friends, in order for the entire Artifact Trade to benefit from any kind of arrangement with criminal organisations in Liberty and elsewhere, we must enter negotiations together, as a whole, and reap the rewards together.
This is one of the main reasons we have had this channel set up.

• Messages in this channel should be encrypted so as not to compromise whereabouts, identities etcetera.
  • Do not give away key details in this channel unless you are confident in your encryption software.
  • For the sake of negotiations, representatives from criminal factions may be given a comm-frequency to send messages which will be forwarded vire this channel to you all. They will not, however, be able to monitor communications here.

With that out of the way, I will draw this message to a close.

May we prosper.
Codename; Blubba.

--------------------Transmission Ends------------------------------------------------------------

[color=#FFCC33]//Note, this IS a roleplay thread, so read for enjoyment, but your character doesn't know this information unless your character can get into this channel.//
-------------New Transmission-----------------------------------

To: Smugglers of Sirius
Comm ID: Sean Ashcroft the 2nd.
Source: The Abundantia trade ship, somewhere in Omega space

Fellow smugglers, I am both surprised and intrigued by the creation of this link. We have never been a co-operative group; smuggling is a dog-eat-dog business.
The status quo has been profitable, but not long ago I ran into trouble with the BAF and I am sure that things are going to get allot harder for us unless we attempt to forge ties with others who share our cause; to undermine the authority and economies of the Houses.

A week ago I was harassed in *encrypted* by three-man Lane-Hacker patrol group. They demanded that I dropped my merchandise, and insisted that I was "a Corsair sympathiser".
I am not going to make any claim nor admission about the people I do business with; I follow profit. However, this incident made clear that Liberty criminals are beginning to suppress our operations.
My defensive turrets where superior to their weapons and shielding technology, and I captured their pilots, later returning them to the Hackers as a sign of good will. I also contacted an assoceate in the Syndicate who forwarded my concerns to the Lane Hacker command.

Since then, I have been contacted by one of the leaders of the Hackers, who has suggested he would be willing to tolerate and perhaps even support my operations in exchange for my assistance in shipping supplies to their bases, and occasionally providing financial support.

If I can secure such a deal, I foresee the cash rolling in. I have little to gain from fighting for this deal to be extended to the entire Artefact trade, and I am only mentioning it to the Trade at large as a favour to one of my employers who wishes the Artefact trade to be expanded.
I would be quite happy to become the only Artifact smuggler who can pass through the Indipendant systems without fear of attack from the Hackers.

If the Artifact trade at large wishes to have a piece of this deal and have the Hackers re-adjust their policies towards supporting Artefact trafficking into Liberty, each smuggler whom this effects will have to state their support to the measure here, and be involved in the negotiations.
[Image: 2a97epj.gif]
--------------------Transmission Ends--------------------------------
Comm ID: Encrypted

Fellow smugglers. As of the last 3 days I have made several succesfull trips into Manhatten with a boat load of Artifacts. It would seem that the liberty finest are fast asleep as I have flown right past them on several occasions. So load up those Artifacts, and fill your pockets. Their selling like hot cakes in Manhatten.

Transmission Ended.
Comm ID: Source scrambled, verification: Failure.

Y'all want to organise?

We'll can't say i don't admire yer motives, but i'm thinkin' im gonna stay out there on the sidelines. See, one feller back there said "this here is a dog eat dog game" and dang sure if that ain't the truth. I ain't gonna rat on anyone don't get me wrong, but i'm a runnin' this here cargo fer some mighty sensitive parties out there and well, y'all ain't gonna see me cross them lines.
I will tell ya, anytime i see y'all out there, i didn't see nuthin. So y'all can rest easy on that one - but i gotta tell y'all, there are some dang fool people out there in this game.

I done seen me runner's braggin' about a successful run on a open comm system right there for every danged lawman t' see, no encryption, no nuthin'. So, im'a gonna just get on runnin' my stuff and keep to m'self. Ain't no one gon' begrudge a fella that one no?

Y'all have a real nice day now.

*transmission cuts out*
-------------New Transmission-----------------------------------

Comm ID: Sean Ashcroft the 2nd.
Source: The Abundantia trade ship, somewhere in Bretonian space

Well, brethren...my offer has been on the table for a week now, and it seems clear that your interest in what I propose is outweighed by your devotion to your outdated isolationist ways.
I shall pursue my own deal with the Lane Hackers without the involvement of the Artifact Trade at large, and any protection I obtain will only extend to my immediate associates.
When the trade succumbs to the rising power of the House authorities, and criminal organisations, I will be there making profit at your expense.

May I prosper.

[Image: 2a97epj.gif]
--------------------Transmission Ends--------------------------------
...hack.initiated...decryption..in..progress...
...comm.id.Diplomatic.Commission.recognized...uploading data...

There are rumors on Leiden of a "steady stream of Hogosha ships" coming to the base with Artifacts. They even have a presence there.

So, feel free to smuggle Artifacts through Kepler and Galileo. All Artifacts in Ontario, California, Texas, Magellan, Cortez and such systems that are not on the Galileo-Colorado-New York route will be destroyed.

Artifacts "South" of Kepler are obviously from the Corsairs, not the Hogosha, so they must be destroyed in those systems.

...encryption.in.progress...hack.terminated...