Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Massive lag in combat scenarios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all. So ever since I came back earlier this year, whenever I'm in proximity to more than a couple (three or four) capital ships that are doing anything besides just sitting around, and about half the time I enter into any kind of PvP (even when it's snubs only), I get a redlag indicator and it takes at least 10 seconds for what I do ingame to actually show up (shooting, typing, etc), but most of the time, doing a /ping returns relatively normal results (for my crappy internet, anyway). This /ping was taken just a bit ago in the midst of the NPC cap event was running in New York.
Code:
[16.09.2016 19:08:06] Ping: 133ms (Max: 1000ms) Fluct: 15ms Loss: 0% (Max: 70%) Lag: 12% (Max: 100%)
Despite that, I was losing hull when it didn't even look like anything was shooting me, spamming my regens button did nothing, there was a few seconds delay between when I typed words and when they'd actually show up, I couldn't see any NPCs anywhere, etc...

Anyone have any idea why this is happening and how I can fix it? I've frequently gotten DC'd in combat situations and even accused of lagswitching once or twice, plus I actually started to take an interest in PvP lately, so this is actually really upsetting.
Seconding this. My internet is crap, but it used to only do this in moments that are unreasonable for most connections (like the newcastle event). Now the slightest thing causes multiple second delays
I get this when lots of people are streamed in, or when im moving fast (trade lane or jumphole/gate fast)
Not all combat situations should be like that. However when the NPC plugin is used, yeah. That's understandable. The reason why we don't use it too often, is because the server can't handle it very well.
(09-17-2016, 01:03 AM)King Boo Wrote: [ -> ]Not all combat situations should be like that. However when the NPC plugin is used, yeah. That's understandable. The reason why we don't use it too often, is because the server can't handle it very well.

Well, when most combat situations are like that, what can I do about it? Note it doesn't always make other programs lag; I can be talking on Skype, Discord, or TS withotu issue, but be having an effective 10 seconds of lag ingame even when /ping tells me my connection is normal.
I have crappy Xp PC and it runs fine , i don't have any problems here , even in big events massive capital fights . I don't use Skype , TS , freelancer companion or any other crap that can cause lag tough .
(09-17-2016, 08:46 AM)sasapinjic Wrote: [ -> ]I have crappy Xp PC and it runs fine , i don't have any problems here , even in big events massive capital fights . I don't use Skype , TS , freelancer companion or any other crap that can cause lag tough .

It dozen't matter if you have Skype turn on or TS i have everything turned on and plus i have 2gb ram and lag 0%
its surely got to do with cpu and gfx card power/drivers
(09-17-2016, 10:54 AM)evanz Wrote: [ -> ]its surely got to do with cpu and gfx card power/drivers

My GPU is a Nvidia geforce gtx 460. I have the latest drivers.
I don't know jack about hardware, but this is what dxdiag tells me about my CPU.
[Image: xosfwy.png]

My machine isn't fantastic but neither is it terrible (I don't think, anyway). I never had this issue with older, crappier computers, either.
Posting in this thread not only to bump it but because I have another issue that I believe is related.

Just now, I flew a transport all the way from one end of Sirius to another, and when I had reached my destination system (but not yet my destination base), I started having the same sort of lag issues I described earlier in this thread (instant redlag indicator, multiple minutes passed without me being able to interact with the world at all). However, interestingly enough, I was able to type in group and have fellow grouped players see those messages, despite not being able to see them myself.

After about five minutes, I tried to swearkick, and eventually I did get disconnected. I restarted Freelancer and reconnected to the server, only to get instantly kicked. After connecting again, I found myself back on my origin base, with my cargo hold full - yet the player list still said I was in my destination system until I undocked.

Not only is this frustrating because I just wasted half an hour travelling, but there's nothing I can do to prevent this from happening again. This same exact thing happens quite frequently, but I haven't been aggravated enough to actually post about it until now. Does anyone have any idea at all what's going on?
Pages: 1 2