Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Feedback from Durandal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is this an ingame or forum related matter?
Ingame

Describe the issue.
Myself and a fellow HF member decided to log on and hunt down an NC- tagged transport we saw in Cortez. By the time we logged in it was already in California. I proceeded to the Pennsylvania jumphole and the other person involved block the New York gate. You slipped past us and docked on Niverton, no biggie. Got away fair and square.

About half an hour later however, the same ship, NC-ET-Orion, logged back in. It was intercepted by the other bomber and I logged on from the bomber I had docked at Bethlehem after chasing the transport to assist. Again, all well and dandy. We roleplayed for awhile, both factions doing the chest thumping "NO *WE'RE* THE GOOD GUYS!" thing, while we waited for an [HF] transport to arrive to pick up slaves the Orion was carrying after it was either destroyed or agreed to drop them.

Theeeeen the server restarted.

And we waited.

And we waited.

And then we waited some more.

Twenty minutes went by, and the ship did not log back in, I did not receive any PMs on Skype or the forums, and from where we're standing it seems tantamount to an F1, just using the server restart to avoid getting out of an interaction that would've ended poorly for you. Poor form, from whoever it was.

If you were to propose a resolution/suggestion of change, what do you recommend?
Provide an explanation as to why the person in question bailed on an interaction that we politely waited twenty minutes for after the server restarted, and tell that person not to do it again or provide some sort of notice that they will not be able to continue participating next time.

Please do not reply to this thread unless you are a member of NC- High Command.