Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Approved] Official Faction Event Request: The War Within
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name of the Event:
The War Within

Faction(s) organizing the event:
[HF]-, GG-

Who do we contact regarding this event:
Myself, ,

How ''open'' this event is:
Fully open.

What technical support you need from the admin/dev team:
Kill counter, destructible temporary POBs, temporary jumphole.

TL;DR description of the event:
The purpose of the event is to move the overarching story of both factions forward, with the newly formed Commonwealth gaining a local enemy in the form the Gaians. The event outlines the destruction of Klaksvik depot by the Legion, and the Gaian's re-purposing of an old base in Vespucci for themselves.

A summary of the events leading up to this are as follows.

- Gaians got pissy at the Commonwealth for inviting OSC into Vespucci.
- Gaians got pissier for the Commonwealth having DSE build them a docking ring.
- Some Legionnaires started to get pissed about the same stuff and wanted to remain isolationist and keep their home pristine.
- These pissed Legionnaires defected and captured Samuel Locklear. (The HF's leader, played by me)
- Pissed Legionnaires repressurized an old base and have invited the Gaians in through the newly formed Vespucci - Inverness jumphole.
- Gaians take Locklear to Klaksvik base in Inverness and "question" him.
- The HF comes and blows up Klaksvik after extracting Locklear. (happens during the event)

[Optional] GoogleDoc or Forum link to an in-depth event writeup.
I'm just going to dump the conversation I had with Spazzy explaining the event here.

Imgur album of where the Inverness jumphole and Gaian base in Vespucci should be located. Plonk the other end of the hole anywhere you like in Inverness, as the spot it will have in the next update is currently occupied.

[Optional] Other notes / links.
This event has already been discussed and signed off on by . The event is intended to coincide with the release of the next update, which is slated to happen on October first. Therefore, the event should run from about the 27th or 28th until then.
Your event has been approved. You will be contacted regarding the specification of the technical details later today.