Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: The Unioners UN|
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I feel obliged to comment now, since my comments via skype and legitimate feedback seem to have fallen on deaf ears.

Let me get a few thing straight first, though. I like that you're trying to revive the Unioners, and I very much appreciate that. It gives both interaction possibilities to Rheinland factions that definetely need it and also provides enough room for conflict.
Your Roleplay so far has been consistently well done, and I don't see anything wrong with it. In fact, I really appreciate a lot of it, even if you're technically my inRP enemy.

There is a bit of criticism, though, and that has been consistent with me so far. And that point is your expansion into the Sigma cluster. Now I know the ooRP reasoning behind this, but it doesn't make an awful lot of sense to me. The Unioners have already been expanding heavily into Liberty, and consistently did so on the basis of multiple RPs. This is evident in the fact that you have Texas in your basic NPC faction ZOI. Now you want to shift the focus away from that while maintaining the expansion into Liberty, and that just seems very off to me. A ZOI stretching from Texas to Honshu doesn't only sound weird, it also makes no sense from an RP point of view.
Let me try explaining why I think it doesn't. The Unioners are a pirate movement, and, while heavily involved in smuggling operations, have been maintaining most of their operations through piracy and the like. While being the middle man in most smuggling routes involving Rheinland is certainly a thing that gives you a significant amount of money and ressources, even enough to expand your operations towards Liberty, you have to bear in mind that the latter was only really possible because the first opposition that you really ran into was when you actually got there. There's just nothing that could qualify as a significant roadbump on the way. Your home is in Hamburg, you have a base in Bering, and can basically just hop over. No issues here.
The Sigmas (and Honshu) are a completely different cup of tea however. Now I know that you have Corsair bases and bases bordering the Sigmas (in Frankfurt and Munich), but those are not your bases (at least the ones actually within the Sigma region). I could understand some operations in the area, but having ZOI implies a heavy presence. Even if you had no opposition along the way and could maintain a proper supply line it would be stretching it, but you have to maintain supplies to Texas operations, and Sigma operations, even ones in Kusari core space, without having bases that you own close to the area. Now even if you had enough ressources to pull that one off, this is assuming that you don't have any opposition along the way. You have, though. Neither the Bundschuh nor the GMG will be particularly happy about your operations in their corner of space, and I kind of doubt that you would be able to maintain a proper supply chain, let alone organized operations all the way up to Honshu.
If you really want this to happen, I suggest you try sorting out your relations with at least the Bundschuh to maintain a proper chain of supply at least into the Sigmas, and after that put in a faction perk request.
Bear in mind that I have only used inRP reasoning here, therefore applying ooRP reasoning to counter the arguments and points made would not really work well.

Thank you for your attention and I hope you reconsider this. Good luck either way Wink
(10-05-2016, 07:49 PM)Char Aznable Wrote: [ -> ]bases bordering the Sigmas (in Frankfurt and Munich), but those are not your bases.

Munich base is actually Unioner IFF and infocard claims it to be Unioner owned.
http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Leipheim_Base
Same goes for Speyer in Frankfurt, which is a rather new outpost.
http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Speyer_Base

EDIT: Personally the only thing I don't agree with is Honshu being your ZOI. The rest seems perfectly fine in my opinion, given all those systems are 1 jump away from a Unioner base. Also so far all my interactions with you guys have been quite fun so keep up the good work.
Argh. Sorry, I forgot part of the sentence there. I was referring to the corsair bases within the actual Sigmas. My bad, will fix.
(10-05-2016, 09:17 PM)Bloodl1ke Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-05-2016, 07:49 PM)Char Aznable Wrote: [ -> ]bases bordering the Sigmas (in Frankfurt and Munich), but those are not your bases.

Munich base is actually Unioner IFF and infocard claims it to be Unioner owned.
http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Leipheim_Base
Same goes for Speyer in Frankfurt, which is a rather new outpost.
http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Speyer_Base

EDIT: Personally the only thing I don't agree with is Honshu being your ZOI. The rest seems perfectly fine in my opinion, given all those systems are 1 jump away from a Unioner base. Also so far all my interactions with you guys have been quite fun so keep up the good work.

Char I am currently dialoguing with over Skype.

Honshu is because of Wall Street Station (which is the epitome of everything that is evil and Libertonian). The Unioners as we are currently playing them are a (straight faced) satire on populist alt-right movements in Europe and the USA, amalgamated with a little bit of German history from various eras and the right wing element of the anti-Globalisation movement. In Sirius, globalisation is ultimately represented by the big three corps. We also want to give the GMG some non-kusari, non-Hispania originated hostiles. GMG's opposition seems split between a great phalanx of Samura friendly factions and Hispania, but down south in Rheinland the only real problem they have is Kruger, operating all by themselves. Part of the Unioners' progressive affiliation with Kruger is to build up a FA-Samura-esque relationship between the two Rheinlandic parties which lost the most out of the 80 years war and the GMG existing in general: The Unioners (which wouldn't have needed to exist if the GMG had lost the war), and Kruger (which would be much more powerful than its present size and effectively equivalent to Daumann).

The 80 years war and its fallout is a massively impactful element of FL vanilla storyline. If you're going to put three events in order of importance in FL + Disco cannon, not including colonisation, the Hispania sabotage or Valhalla One, the first is the Nomad War, the second is the Council opening the minefields, and the third is the GMG and the 80 years war. The 80 years war completely changed the politics of Rheinland and put the house into a progressive downturn that only the Nomad war and the slight economic upturn immediately afterwards put any dent in whatsoever. Remember the Unioners are patriots who think the best way of saving Rheinland is to cut off outside "interference" (they're anti export economy for basic resources, but not for advanced, pre-manufactured goods, and vice-versa for imports), so they'll be doing their best to defend the Hammersee colony in Sigma 15 and push Rheinland's claim on Saigon in 21 (whilst helping out the FA where convenient). The Unioners, and the Imperials in general, are motivated to prevent GMG holdings from growing, however possible, wherever possible.

Then there's the Oorp reason (which Char won't like), that Honshu is inactive, and KNF and GC need something more to shoot. There's no bases which arn't red to us in Honshu, so we won't be there for prolonged periods of time; cause a scene, terror-raid Wall Street and leave. Logistically we're supported by the Corsair presence and we're hoping to work out something of an imperial renaissance as the story develops in Rheinland politics. The justifying RP is in the pipeline. End goal is to make the inactive flashpoint systems (sigma 15 and 21), as cool as their system design and justify all the work that was put into the Sigma update. Oh, and it gives Meph's boys reasons to be active and blow up Rheinlanders, as all good GMG should. Let's make the Sigmas something cooler than just a flyby between Rheinland and Kusari.

Remember, the system extensions we have asked for arn't even significantly active systems. Our current ZOI is more than enough from an activity standpoint. The idea is to give other factions more things to do, and to expand the story in a fun direction. Let's have gameplay oriented around the legal status of Rheinland shipwrecks from the Nomad War, GMG War and Kusari exodus. Let's give the Wild, both Kusari and Rheinland, the option to play shenanigans with both sides. Let's have everyman and their dog in Kusari and Rheinland arguing over Saigon's ownership. Let's give some of the most interesting systems in the game the love and attention they deserve.

#MakeSigmasGreatAgain #Sigma13And15RightfulRheinlandClay #GMGisFarts #ICareFat
ZOI updated. Gives us as ZOI with about the same system count as the Hessians, but prevents us from entering the Omegas save one system (unlike every other Rheinland unlawful faction). Intention of this ZOI is to bring activity to the new system positioning in the Liberty Border Worlds, give Xenos more to fire at and generally make North Rheinland more fun, and get the Core some interaction too.

Roster needs an update as do the comms list and diplo. Doing now.
Everything now reflective of current rep (slightly broken BBs).
-Roster updated
-Forum Roleplay updated
Code:
Neutral
Rheinland Infected

So....neutral to das Wilde?
They should've been under Mistrustful section.
Thanks for pointing out that.
Zone of Influence in Kansas? Isn't that too much of a stretch?

It seems a bit weird to me that a Rheinland based faction is putting effort into Liberty.
Pages: 1 2 3