Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Junker Premium Scrap Mining Bonus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Howdy dev team. Please don't take this as demanding or rude. There was some confusion in our faction chat yesterday about mining bonuses on Premium Scrap. It turned out the member that was having issue needed to fix his IFF from Junker Guard to Junker. Easily resolved. But while trying to fix it another member stumbled upon something interesting. Lambda was looking through the game files to determine if it was an issue with the mod or the player (this was before we figured out his IFF situation). He discovered the following lines in Discovery Freelancer 4.88.1\EXE\flhook_plugins\minecontrol.cfg

Code:
commodity_premiumscrap,      3.0,    fc_j_grp,       dsy_license_pf_51_grp,       dsy_salvager, dsy_huntress, dsy_ecoturret, dsy_miningturret
commodity_premiumscrap,      3.0,    fc_j_grp,       dsy_license_pf_51_grp,       dsy_csv, dsy_csv2, dsy_raider_fr, dsy_junker_bomber, dsy_ecoturret, dsy_ecogun_lf, dsy_miningturret

A while back all Junkers were given a 4.0 mining bonus for Premium Scrap. We're not really too knowledgeable on how all this coding works and we're not too sure if this is the actual mining bonus or if it's redundant/old code for mining scripts. If this is an oversight, can it be fixed?
I just want to add this

This is our ini, aka personal one that everyone has
Code:
; .:j:. Junkers Congress
commodity_premiumscrap,      3.0,    fc_j_grp,       dsy_license_pf_51_grp,       dsy_salvager, dsy_huntress, dsy_ecoturret, dsy_miningturret
commodity_premiumscrap,      3.0,    fc_j_grp,       dsy_license_pf_51_grp,       dsy_csv, dsy_csv2, dsy_raider_fr, dsy_junker_bomber, dsy_ecoturret, dsy_ecogun_lf, dsy_miningturret
commodity_scrap_metal,       4.0,    fc_j_grp,       dsy_license_pf_51_grp,       dsy_salvager, dsy_huntress, dsy_ecoturret, dsy_miningturret
commodity_scrap_metal,       4.0,    fc_j_grp,       dsy_license_pf_51_grp,       dsy_csv, dsy_csv2, dsy_raider_fr, dsy_junker_bomber, dsy_ecoturret, dsy_ecogun_lf, dsy_miningturret

And this is the ini that LordVipex posted in his Development Notice: Mining Update thread

Code:
; .:j:. Junkers Congress
commodity_premiumscrap,      4.0,    fc_j_grp,       dsy_license_pf_51_grp,       dsy_salvager, dsy_huntress, dsy_ecoturret, dsy_miningturret
commodity_premiumscrap,      4.0,    fc_j_grp,       dsy_license_pf_51_grp,       dsy_csv, dsy_csv2, dsy_raider_fr, dsy_junker_bomber, dsy_ecoturret, dsy_ecogun_lf, dsy_miningturret
commodity_scrap_metal,       4.0,    fc_j_grp,       dsy_license_pf_51_grp,       dsy_salvager, dsy_huntress, dsy_ecoturret, dsy_miningturret
commodity_scrap_metal,       4.0,    fc_j_grp,       dsy_license_pf_51_grp,       dsy_csv, dsy_csv2, dsy_raider_fr, dsy_junker_bomber, dsy_ecoturret, dsy_ecogun_lf, dsy_miningturret

As you can see, the ini from LordVipex has a 4* mining bonus on P-Scrap, our ID just has the 3* mining bonus.
I can only assume this was about me. IF so or not thanks for the post WB.
As far as I am aware, the current minecontrol.cfg values are serverside only, and haven't been updated in quite some time client-side. (Admins/Devs correct me if I'm wrong.) The 4.0 value should be present in the serverside config.
Recently, the IMG contacted me regarding their Gold value that they got as a faction perk some time ago. It seemed that at some point the serverside mining config was reset/rerolled and this could be the case as well. I will double-check.
I double checked. The Junker indie ID, Junker Marauders ID, Congress ID - they all get the 4.0 bonus as long as they have the regular junker IFF
I will ask the appropriate peeps if I can quickly add the Guard IFFs to it and have it in by the next server restart in five hours.

It should be the case, since other IDs (such as the Corsair ID) have separate lines for the regular and guard IFFs.
(10-02-2016, 03:42 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]I double checked. The Junker indie ID, Junker Marauders ID, Congress ID - they all get the 4.0 bonus as long as they have the regular junker IFF
I will ask the appropriate peeps if I can quickly add the Guard IFFs to it and have it in by the next server restart in five hours.

It should be the case, since other IDs (such as the Corsair ID) have separate lines for the regular and guard IFFs.

Thanks Spazzy, any updates that someone added the guard iff?
This would be awesome. No one from Junker Congress should be flying a Guard IFF though. One IFF per faction, so these guys should be Junkers IFF no matter what. This will help new players though. I'm always getting pm's in game from newbies that cannot figure out why they are not able to mine Premium Scrap. Thanks for clarifying that this is handled server side. That clears up the confusion we had over the files we were seeing.