Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Junker tag / Freelancer ID combo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
and a collection of Junker rp opinions.

Quote:Here comes the question what is junker RP.

I always thought that junkers are generally not going far from their operating areas (system with base) and that they use small vessels so that they remain unnoticed while doing any kind of half-lawful activity.

Thats a quote of Mjolnir from another topic and he has a good point.
My independent Junker char, Canarian Hawk, Whale, Junker Guard tag and Junker ID does the contrary. He's running across Sirius (except Kusari and Order/Nomad space) hauling all kinds of goods.
Powertrader? No. Sure he does profitable runs, but i try to fill the char with more rp. Its a very curious and slimy char sliding through the odds of Sirius. He is selfish and unscrupulous, supporting many factions for his own profit, following Adam Smith's economy philosophy. He almost avoids TL's and JG's when hauling contraband (a harsh word for "exotic" goods). To keep a low profile in those runs he also avoids to communicate too much. He is always looking for good relations with his customers. Thats why he pays taxes, spend donations, delivers rp commodities and avoids to piss off authorities. He uses the power of the word instead the power of the guns.
At the beginning my intention was to make it a Freelancer with tag and ID, but because of ID description i was attacked and treated hostile by many factions. A good example, how a valuable ID was made nearly unplayable, just because players lack the ability to treat Freelancer ID bearer as individuums. Thats why i decided to make this char a Junker. It was the same time when the first unofficial .:j:. tagged chars appeared. My rep list is almost neutral and friendly. Xenos and other Guards of course are at the top of the list and since i don't go into Kusari i don't care about the reputation with Kusari factions.
However, Mjolnirs point did remind me, the Junker ID doesn't really match the way my char is going, while the Junker Guard tag matches the char perfectly in my humble opinion. So i was thinking to switch back to Freelancer ID for a trial periode. I will see if its possible to play a Freelancer again nowadays.

With this wall of text i have justified the chars role and may gain a disadvantage being that honest.

However, this topic is also meant for other players to post their opinions about Junkers. It was done already, but with many new members an up to date topic doesn't hurt.

AoM
Junker RP can be quite varied to be honest, whether your a scrap man, smuggler or even rarer, the Junker pirate! Above all the Junker is sneaky, he/she remains in the background, quiet, not attracting the cops glances. Pirating very quietly if the opportunity arrises while they are going about their normal business, if more people played faction ID's rather than the generic Trader ID the Junkers would have alot more hostiles to be targeting.

Nothing against Junkers legal trading at all, but not between House Corperation bases. Junkers should not be flying Adv Trains but smaller vessels that can fade away or at worst leg it deploying CD's like mad to escape!

The Junker ID is not a license to get out of pirating but it is an invitation for RP banter, most pirates pay a healthy respect for Junker services and in RP no pirate that uses Junker facilities should be openly hostile to a Junker.

My Junker very rarely attracts trouble as I seem to get lucky with my interactions in that char so far. Also when carrying "hot" goods I am using JH's and avoiding TL's and JG's, being sneaky is key to a succesful Junker smuggler. If my hold has legal goods or is empty and there is no fine on my head (which there isnt) then back into the lanes I will go.

I'd say you could use smuggler ID.
Hm, Smuggler ID might be an opportunity for Junker chars like mine. I just have to become friendly with the idea. Somehow the Smuggler ID gives me a more generic than individual feeling, i don't like.
Dunno why, its really strange. I will in fact rethink the role along with new opportunities and ID limits in 4.85.
There will be a lot to differentiate more in factions, especially Junker based chars.
This is good, because Junker are a confederation like organization with a high level of individuality among the members. While many other factions have strict rules, Junker rather have guides based on common sense of Junker. One reason might be the combination of people from 3 houses. Even on Yanagi, Junker with Kusari roots will crawl around. Difference to Zoner is, Junker don't flee governmental subpression. They try to benefit from. Let me make it more colorful. Take the wind as example for governmental subression. Zoners are like sailing ships driven out by the wind, while Junker are windmills. Staying where they are, but using the wind for their own purposes.

AoM
Rudo got it right when he said that RP evolves. The Junkers are indeed scrappers and junker peddlers. Some of you are portraying us as the garbage men of Sirius. That is actually fine. Remember that even Tony Soprano used waste management as the front company for his family business.

It is only natural that bright ambitious individuals will turn up in any faction. These individuals will seek aout new ways to earn money. The Junkers have done the same. We have created our own trade routes smuggling goods for various other factions. We RP them well. All of this has been approved by the admins by the way. Many of you got it very right. The Junker Congress is indeed a confederation looking out for Junkers. We work together but in doing so we protect the rights of the Junker to be an individual and create their own fortune. I personally don't agree with the Junkers flying advanced trains either. I think we should be more low profile in scrappy looking ships. I have no control over the indies though.

One more thing. Apparently we are not the only ones who feel this way about Junkers. It has always been on the info card that there is more going on behind the scenes in the Junker world than most people are aware of. The fact that Junkers were chosen as the spies in Gallia, shows that Igiss also has similar ideas about Junkers.
I don't have a Junker for say but my tagged Mercenary is often flashing "Junker" due to the slaughtering of many Xenos. Of course, it changes depending on who I fly for and how much. I sometimes get asked about the IFF but need I remind people, SCAN THE ID??