Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Homeworld 2...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I install the game and put in the crack.

When I double click the .exe for the game to run the monitor turns black (almost like it's going to run the game) and then turns back to normal again with nothing happening ( game did not launch ). I tried re-installing several times , also I installed the game into diffrent drives , that does not appear to be the problem because I keep getting the same result.

Any ideas , thoughts ?
.. The crack? Are you using an illegal copy of the game?
' Wrote:.. The crack? Are you using an illegal copy of the game?
While that's generally a safe assumption, some people use a no-cd crack for convenience, even though they do have the game.

I don't know about Homeworld 2, but the cracks for some games create a different exe that you have to use instead of the normal one, rather than simply overwriting the normal one. Maybe that's the case here?

Not sure exactly how long this topic will last without getting beaten down by the mods, honestly... some forums are extremely sensitive about that sort of thing.
Actually, i think we have polic againgt talking bout cracks and warez, but anyway.

Your problem is that version of the game is either corrupted and you are missing file, or your graphics cannot whistand it.

Also, if you are using Win Vista, that might be a problem.

Try looking at Homeworld fan sites for troubleshooting or alike

Also try patching game with newest patch(and if you are using cracks, crack it with proper version of it for patch)
Windows Vista 32 doesn't effect it.
I run both Homeworld games fine.
Did you apply all the patches?
' Wrote:Actually, i think we have polic againgt talking bout cracks and warez, but anyway.
Yes we do...I'm fairly sure its against forum rules. But in the case I may be wrong, its very frowned upon and topics will get locked for it.

Nevertheless the Freelancer No-CD crack is a fairly well known and accepted form of playing the game without the CD. We are talking Microsoft here, a company well hated by much of the community. That balances it out a bit.

Your computer sounds like its attempting to launch the program, but in the time the black screen is up, your process may be terminating itself due to error. Try checking the Windows report logs in computer management.

The crack could be interfering. If all else fails, dig up your disk or ISO and mount it on a virtual drive.
It sounds like the no-cd crack is bugged. Does it load normally off CD? If so, then its the crack, if not, then the graphics card can;t handle the game, which is unlikely seeing as its an old game...
' Wrote:Did you apply all the patches?

Yes , I did.

Also , everything loads up perfectly , like I said , I've run the game on this computer before with great succes. I think it's the crack.

Also , I was NOT aware that posting something like this was againts the server rules , if so I'm sorry for this and I'm sorry if I insulted someone. Playing cracked games is something regular , where I live in... Actually playing original games is ... rare.