Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: NVIDIA GeForce Experience 3.0 problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, yesterday I launched disco after a 2 month pause and noticed that NVIDIA Shadowplay doesn't recognize Freelancer anymore, making me unable to record or take screenshots. I'm guessing it's because of the newest version, 3.0, that came out recently. It could also be something disco-related as I downloaded a 40MB patch, but that's highly unlikely.

I originally couldn't record Freelancer via NVIDIA. The way that GeForce Experience recognized disco on my laptop is that I manually added a file named d3d8.dll into my .exe folder, which is originally intended for the bloom effect (afaik), but as a side effect it also magically managed to make Shadowplay detect Freelancer, as well as lock my fps to 60. Now neither of them is present, as if the game doesn't recognize the d3d8 file anymore. That's either due to the new patch or to the new drivers, I can't see what else could've went wrong. Anyone able to help? Maybe an alternate .dll file that can do the same thing and possibly lock fps even higher, say to 120? Oh and if someone knows how to record desktop on a laptop with 2 graphics cards, that'd be amazing.

Processor: Intel Core i5-4200H (up to 3.40 GHz)
Screen: 15.6" LED HD (1366 x 768)
RAM: 4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
HD: 1 TB HDD (5400 rpm)
Graphics Card: Nvidia GTX950M (2 GB)
so r u back
If refreshing ships means being back, then yes.
Use Camtasia, it works pretty good.

Edit: Have the same problem and can't use Shadowplay anymore.
version 3 is pants, uninstall it and go back to 2 like i had to, then it works
Nvidia Experience is absolute crap. Seriously, the worst add-on software I've ever seen, even worse than ATI Catalyst. And that's saying something. I can't even get it to turn on the LED on my GTX780, let alone anything useful. Thank god for the OEM's control panel for OCing and stuff, which actually works.

In particular, my "experience" with Experience (LOL) is as follows. I'd play Skyrim or w/e for about 2 hours, then *bam* my PC would freeze. Everything would grind to a halt while disk activity goes nuts. After ctrl-alt-del, starting task manager, and *a lot* of waiting, I see all 16G of my RAM was somehow used up, and Windows was swapping like mad. The culprit: A memory leak in Shadowplay.

Bravo, Nvidia. (The fix BTW was to disable a few services and never use Shadowplay.)

Sorry that doesn't really help your problem... just wanted to rant Wink I guess the answer is, "use something else".
NVidia EXP is a scrap now, I'd recommend to use Open Broadcast Software, if you want to record vids. Fraps is good enough for video recording aswell, but it lags alot. Despite of that, you can make some good screenshots with it.
Bump.