Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: "The Venom Shack" Xenos beloved drinking cave
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
"The Venom Shack"

[Image: yQupGs1.png]

"Pick your poison"

"Greetings to all Xenos, Knights and allies who receive this information, my name is Faye Monroe and I am the Grand Basilisk of the "Crimson Fangs" movement. we understand the troubles of the hard working man and know exactly what a tired body needs. Our recently finished bar, the "Venom Shack" has just opened its door and is ready to comfort the average worker, welcome is everybody who is part of the Xeno movement, the Knights, the Zoners, the Auxesians and, of course, the Hellfire Legion, everybody needs a break once in a while."

[Image: 2.jpg?w=590&h=463]

"Is there anything better after a raid than a drink? Cool, warm, strong, weak, we have every kind of drink the worker desires, Kusari and Rheinland transports have some interesting drinks to offer, we managed to get them for free of course, as a tax so to speak."

[Image: 327456.jpg]

"Our whiskey is the best you can probably get, hold it in our light and it will shine more than the gold fields in Dublin and can burn your throat, your choice."

[Image: Ernaehrung-Sake-ist-ein-Frischegetraenk-...-nicht.jpg]

"No matter how you find them, the people from Kusari know how to make good Sake, Samura transports were nice enough to..."donate" some of it, although it smells very unique, some have already shown their love for it, it is a taste thing after all."

[Image: u7kpNol.jpg]

"There is one thing Rheinlanders can do better than anybody else, brewing. Rheinbier has always been the best beer in Sirius, that is a fact, it's bitter taste gives you the feeling that you are actually in Rheinland, without leaving our beautiful Liberty."

[Image: enjoy-life-wallpapers-hd-2560x1600.jpg]

"A glass of Rum and a cigar, the perfect way to end a hard day, Rum is one of the rare things our Knights can make themselves, maybe because it is the typical pirate drink."

[Image: 46283.jpg]

"As rare as they might be but the Colonials actually tried to pass through Liberty, unfortunately...for them, we caught them and took their great cargo, a bountiful load of the finest Vodka, a warm feeling that passes through your body if you drink it is one of the best feelings you can have with it."

"I am looking forward to have some relaxed evenings here folks!"
--------
A woman walks into the front door of the bar, simply clothed with a relatively cold face, she enters the room and looks around first, there was no barkeeper at the moment, she sat down on one of the chairs in front of the bar looking at the many kinds of booze.
A man in the corner of the bar, still in his flight suit, sits over a map and a picture of an Overlord with some badly written words on it, with a empty glass next to it. His mindless mumbling could barely be heard over the usual Libertonian themes softly streamed over the speakers. The man looked up, trying to remember something, before going back to writing trails on the map in front of him.
The woman sits down in front of the man, leaning on her left arm nwhile heaving the right on in an angle.
"Evenin', Will, what are you looking at? Looks like one of these Batlleships."
The woman takes the paper out of his hand and leans back crossing her legs and reading it.
A grunt emerges from deep within his throat, as he puts down the pencil that was contained within his second hand.
"Happened to 'overhear' some talk about a Navy warship being taken in by the Legion recently. Right now I'm trying to track its previous routes to determine if we have undiscovered jump hole locations."
He points to a small sector on the map, near a long column of numbers.
"There was a jump hole here before, and the most recent ION storm closed it. Now look over here" He pointed to a blank sector on another map with a longer list of numbers and pathways marked nearby.
"Now look here. One system over, eight times more traffic than before, in a place that only had rocks, confirmed Junker Congress vessels as well. My guess is another opening to their private system."
He pointed back to the first map, at another sector marked 'CA' on it. "The dreadnought, uh, Montana, was spotted here first. I followed it, thinking it was off to kill a pirate destroyer. It led me there,"He pointed back to the empty sector on the second map. "- before I had to turn back for more H-fuel. I'm still trying to figure out its next move, or even how it got past the usual patrols centered around Milford."
The woman flies over the paper with a sceptical look until she looks him in the eyes.
"What's your intention, do you want to take it as a hostage or what?"
She lets it fly back to him.
"No... the dreadnought doesn't matter really. Just the fact that it bypassed key patrols without any alarms. It could very well be proof that the last major Storm ripped open a large group of anomalies."
He pulls out yet a third map from below the table and spreads it on the surface. The heading is 'KA-121' with the usual markings around certain areas of the map. A red circle with four dates stands out.
"Kansas. Refugio is there, obviously."
He points to a shape marked 'RXO' on the lower part of the map. He then moved his finger to the first area with three dates around it.
"Commonwealth ships spotted here before. Same with Junker, traders, the usual. Before there was nothing, and now... masses of activity. I had confirmed it myself that it is a new anomaly."
He moves to an area marked 'TuCrNeb' and inside, 'DAG' with two dates next to it.
"Ever been here?"
He looks up with a comical look on his face.
"Not as far as i can remember, you seem to know something that i don't know, enlight me, what is there that is so interesting?"
She has a slight look of distrust on her face, the feeling that some of her members knew something that she didn't made her quite uncomfortable.
"Really? Back when I sold Novas to unwilling traders I would hear the occasional story about this place."
He tapped the area again.
"In short, this area, known by many as Turtle Creek, contains a large construct within it. No one knows who built it, but its clear that it has something to do with the squids."
He taps the first of the list of dates next to it.
"Sometimes you find the curious that enter this construct, which functions as a gate of some sort. Some are seen again elsewhere, some aren't, but no one comes out from the gate. This first recording was a few days before I met you. That is when I saw the last ship go in the gate before the ion storm, some freelancer with rations in his cargo."
He taps the second date, three days after the first.
"This is when I saw him again, the ship that is. Something was off about him though. He seemed to not have a care in the world."
He taps the third date with more force than the others.
"This was the next ship that came into the gate. Had a 'friend' keep tabs on the area for people to steal from. Notice the large span on time from the last two dates."
He points to the final date, a day before the third.
"This is about the time the latest ion storm ended. This is also the time when the majority of the jump hole anomalies opened and closed."
He leaned back in his seat. He seemed slightly bored.
"There is nothing for us though. Nothing comes out of the gate anyway, so waiting for supplies to 'liberate' is a waste."
He moves his attention to the lower end of the map again.
"This nebula here. What do we know?"
Pages: 1 2