Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Greetings!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings to all fellows Space Navigators.
I started play at beginning of this year, stopped for couple of month and now restart and noticed a game massage saying to post here for welcome.
I reinstaled FL a few days ago and I lost previous account, of which i retrieved the ID(stored in a text file with info on how playing).
How can I retrieve that old account by DSLauncher and save the 2 accounts as an Xml File?(actually I restored only the new account)
i would add manually a record in accounts.xml but there are there are account code= and signature= for the new account while i have only the ID from old freelancer setup.
DsLauncher creates a signature, right?
I had a character Rexx_Explorer with wich i explored from Gallia To Britannia, following a tip about trading of a friend Spacer.
I would if possible /movechar it to my new account, i saw a section about this.
I didnt post for /movechar because I could resolve retrieving my old account as I have old Freelancer multiplayer ID, only i dont know how to use it to restore my old account and the Rexx_Explorer character.
I aplogize for being so long in my explanation
Could you help me, please?
make me know if i must proceeed with the /movechar procedure, in that case i prepared a new character named Rexx_trader
Regards
Heya Rexx, nice to see more people creep up to this game.

As for your problem though, DSLauncher saves accounts with both a code + signature string. So if you have this trouble again, you can save these both somewhere and find any old accounts from before. As for the ships, they might be deleted if you have been inactive with that ship for 6 months or more. But considering it's the old multiplayer ID... crud. I'm not sure these days how you can use that anymore, so I'm afraid you'll have to wait if someone else comes with the knowledge of that.

And here /movechar would have worked if you had setup a movechar code beforehand on your old ship. It works by a command called something along the lines of "/setmovecharcode [code]" without quotations of course. Sorry if I couldn't help much more than that.

You could try going here.

Good luck regardless.
(10-15-2016, 11:48 PM)Syf Wrote: [ -> ]Heya Rexx, nice to see more people creep up to this game.

As for your problem though, DSLauncher saves accounts with both a code + signature string. So if you have this trouble again, you can save these both somewhere and find any old accounts from before. As for the ships, they might be deleted if you have been inactive with that ship for 6 months or more. But considering it's the old multiplayer ID... crud. I'm not sure these days how you can use that anymore, so I'm afraid you'll have to wait if someone else comes with the knowledge of that.

And here /movechar would have worked if you had setup a movechar code beforehand on your old ship. It works by a command called something along the lines of "/setmovecharcode [code]" without quotations of course. Sorry if I couldn't help much more than that.

You could try going here.

Good luck regardless.

Thank you fellow spacer