Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Brand spanking new
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi team, New player here. I dabbled in freelancer years ago on story mode and LAN with my brother. Started here days ago - my first multiplayer server experience. I play John Boulevard. Look forward to meeting you guys and getting into a faction. Thanks for your patience with me in game as I learn the ropes.
Welcome to the server and to the forums!
I hope you have a good and rewarding time here with us and have fun!
Welcome. (sun)

Have fun out there.
Welcome to the Discovery Gaming Community.

I'm Zyliath (or Zyl for short), one of the Angels-players that help everyone in need, either newbies or veterans.
Be sure to have read and understood the Server and Forum Rules here.

If you happen to be in trouble, be on the lookout for white Angels, orange Moderators or green Admins - they will help you out as much as possible! Also, be on the lookout for [Angels] tagged ships ingame.

This said, enjoy your stay among us! ~Zyl
Sup, enjoy your stay and don't get discouradged. Join a faction. Wink
Can anyone recommend a faction for a beginner new to Freelancer online who is looking to get involved here?
That depends on what you want to do. Do you prefer to play pirate, smuggle, trade, police, etc?
I would say join or make a military/navy/police and play whole learning the more and getting experience.
Then once you are comfortable you can go from there.

Edit: actually perhaps make an IMG ID hegemon miner and trade/mine around Sirius.
My advice, Piddle around Liberty for a bit to get acclimated, And after that if there's a NPC faction that you like/liked during your playthrough, Use the /restart command This will tell you how to do it.
(11-06-2016, 08:15 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]I would say join or make a military/navy/police and play whole learning the more and getting experience.

Another Navy/Police beginner pilot? Terrible idea. I have been shot by beginner navy and capital ships for THEIR messed up IFF ("Junkers are bad yadayada DAINOW!") a tad too often.

Just be Freelancer and hang with the navy/police. They can hire you to join the fights if you wanna get involved. But if you are new you shouldnt try to enforce the laws you are not yet familiar with.

Go with a civvie faction. Either freelancer or corporation, literally anything else. As beginner pirate you will be nuked by the navy. As beginner navy you will be nuked by the pirates and may be report-lancered for not following the rules or making mistakes. Dont expose yourself too much, go with the flow and make an informed decision after you have seen how things go around here. (sun)