Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Where I've Been....An Explanation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For those who know me, you know I'm lead a full life being in the U.S. military, maintaining a household, travelling for my work and my love of theater. For those who don't, well, you have a synopsis of me.
I didn't just walk away from this community, a community I have called home for over 5 years. Time and responsibility caught up to me as did age a bit. I've served as an admin, a moderator, faction leader and a mentor to many. I've done all I can as those things and feel I have nothing else to give. I can roll play. God can I roll play but player versus player was something I never could do well.

I am currently away from home again in the state of Virginia, USA, doing another course for the Army. Earlier this year, I spent six months in Arizona doing a mission there. Yes, I'm tired....tired of the travel and tired of being away from home and the one person I love most, my lovely wife of 27 years. This course I am currently taking is a training course in mortuary affairs as I make my way out of aviation. For the next 8 weeks, I play the game of the active Army so my time is limited. When I'm not training, I'm working on my physical self.

It won't end when I get home. My before mentioned wife is battling cancer (and winning) as well as trying to keep her diabetes under control so you can imagine how I've felt on the road so much. Also, I will be facing surgery to fix a labral tear in my left shoulder in the Spring. So the hard work is working my 48 year old frame pretty hard.

I will return in some capacity and when I do, I will be looking for some good roll play from criminals and heroes alike. For now, I must put aside Med Force Enterprises and this game in general to deal with things I've been putting off. I just felt that I should let everyone know.

Thank you,

-John M.
aka: Doc Holliday
Can't wait for you to come back, Doctor! Good luck with your and your wife's health, I hope both of you will stay happy and you manage to be together every now and then! ;3
Good luck! See you soon.
Hope it works out for you, dude.
Salute to you my friend, for keeping our country safe. You have the bravery that I don't.
Stay strong Doc and see you when you get back.
hope to see ya back
I wish you and your significant other the best of luck and better days ahead. Until another day Doc.
Good to hear from you Doc, hope things work out. Hope to see you back here.
No need to explain anything, though it is appreciated.
Real Life always trumps Role Play.

I'm glad to hear a story where Cancer isn't winning. Far too many people I know have faced that dragon lately.

Take care, Doc. Our thoughts go with you.
Pages: 1 2