Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: How to PROPERLY create a music pack!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
or just

use Sony Vegas Pro?

that's how i created a half of my pack
Thanks for the support mate! Glad to see I'm helping out.
Im currently reading this in bed on my tablet at around 3:27am [what I am doing at this time is none of your beeswax ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ] and I wish I noticed this sooner and as a sound dev this is honestly quite upsetting how I didn't. If this works and fixes all my compression problems, I'll make sure to construct a shrine under your name basking in my bedroom skylight.
When I wake up, I'll give this a shot and see if I can get things ready for April fools and any other updates.
[Image: 34sAwKY.png]

Engine_ga_cruise_loop reduced from 3,363kb (3.34MB) to 182kb (0.18mb)
Engine_ga_cruise_start reduced from 1,664kb (1.64MB) to 88kb (0.09mb)
Engine_ga_cruise_stop reduced from 826kb (0.82MB) to 45kb (0.05mb)
Engine_ga_fighter_loop reduced from 1,185kb (3.34MB) to 182kb (0.18mb)

They also all work in game too, the crucial element i was actually missing was windows sound recorder which i couldn't even find online, thanks for your help.
Kinda funny to see a dev getting lectured indirectly on containers and codecs Big Grin
The 80kb/s bothered me, but as i checked the OG FL files i guess thats the only option.

HOWEVER! I HIGHLY recommend whoever uses that cmd file he make a backup of his registry first. ALWAYS make a backup.

Seeing how some keys are replaced/deleted/edited you want to be on the safe side and make a backup first in case ANYTHING goes wrong (sys-admin speaking - break your system, but make sure you can fix it)

I have to say debbie downer has a point - why would you go through the trouble of converting a library of music if you could just get a media player of your choosing and assign a few hotkeys (like numpad keys)? You dont need a flashy media keyboard to do that...

Not to mention the possible legal repercussions if you decide to use and share audio you dont have the necessary licenses for...dont give people ideas Wink

Anyway, summing up:
1) Good guide, thanks for the work put into it
2) REGISTRY BACKUP (!)
3) I thank the devs for their work, but this made me mangiggle a little
Pinned for being useful.
Boh. I do so:

1. Find a audio
  2. Edit it in Windows movie maker (With Update windows essentials 2012)
  3. Save as only file audio (.m4a)
  4. Convert the file audio with aTube catcher in .wav
  5. Change the file with the Freelancer Music file
  6. Enjoy
Thanks for the pin mate! Hopefully this helps alot more now.
Updated the post. You don't actually have to use 80kBits/s, 21k Hz. You can use any setting you like, but I think the new option I listed (128kBits/s, 44k Hz Stereo) is the most efficient.
Also slight cleanup/rewording to not sound like an airhead.
Pages: 1 2