Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Why is it no against the rules for 1 person to be leader of more than 1 official ftcn
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
it depend, when you are looking for democratie, then you command directly a faction involved in the ennemy line, i'm ok, you can't! it's a *non sens*

maybe or perhaps some *sages* can do it!
I think a line in the sand may prove beneficial or "Dab's Law" if you like, where no single person can lead two opposing factions just to prevent history repeating itself.

There can be no doubt that some are quiet capable of handling two factions, even I could potentially lead another faction simply due to OSC's flat structure (there are no ranks, people simply volunteer to do certain things they find interesting/enjoy, I simply direct and motivate) but would my style of leadership work in another faction? Probably not. Then again, how do we know someone can lead until we let them try?
There are plenty of players who can't lead a single faction and many times over the yrs Ive seen them gain leadership of a faction and the faction greatly suffering from it. It's not up to the administration to intervene on that dilemma and certainly not gonna make it against the rules for players to become faction leaders. Same with running two factions. Many can't do it. But why is this a reason to make a ruling on it? Because those many who can't start making posts detailing why they can't? Factions have lived and died in a never ending cycle based on the strength of their leadership. Administration has always kept it's hands off and I would recommend it remains that way. If admins start regulating faction leadership today by tomorrow we will see puppets set in place by different admins that don't know or remember why regulating leadership was set in place. The playes created their factions it's up to them to choose good leaders for their own creation as it should be. If they choose poorly it's their responsibility not someone else's. I can assure you that if the faction crumbles another will rise and take its place just like pretty much every faction existing today has done.
(10-29-2016, 04:54 PM)ProwlerPC Wrote: [ -> ]There are plenty of players who can't lead a single faction and many times over the yrs Ive seen them gain leadership of a faction and the faction greatly suffering from it. It's not up to the administration to intervene on that dilemma and certainly not gonna make it against the rules for players to become faction leaders. Same with running two factions. Many can't do it. But why is this a reason to make a ruling on it? Because those many who can't start making posts detailing why they can't? Factions have lived and died in a never ending cycle based on the strength of their leadership. Administration has always kept it's hands off and I would recommend it remains that way. If admins start regulating faction leadership today by tomorrow we will see puppets set in place by different admins that don't know or remember why regulating leadership was set in place. The playes created their factions it's up to them to choose good leaders for their own creation as it should be. If they choose poorly it's their responsibility not someone else's. I can assure you that if the faction crumbles another will rise and take its place just like pretty much every faction existing today has done.

I <3 Felix
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7