Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Pirates of the caribbean and The secret of monkey Island
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I never noticed this before but I now believe the pirates of the Caribbean movies are partially or mostly based of the Monkey Island game series. Now before you argue and go look at wikipedia, I will admit that the monkey island series was inspired by the pirates of the Caribbean ride that came out years before monkey island. However, this is also vice versa. For instance the some of the characters that are in the story of monkey island were not in the ride at disneyland at all. You will also see that the story first movie of potc does not exactly match the ride and are taken from the first monkey island game made. The second movie also has characters and places that did not exist in the potc ride but exists in the monkey island series etc etc. Also a brief history: The pirates of the Caribbean ride opened in disney land first in 1967(was later modified after the movies)| The Monkey island series were primarily made in the 1990's| The first movie of potc was made in 2003.
Now here are the video's that made me realize this.