Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Hearts of Iron 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone here playing that game?
If anyone,interested in little multiplayer skrimish?
I play HOI2 Doomsday from time to time, but I don't really want to play it online for the fact that it take waaay too long to play a single game...
My record so far is playing till 1997. Actually quite "rewarding" cuz after 1963 the AI quits producing stuff (but keeps trading) and for a change starts acting predictably.

On a side not... Without modding/extra icons/tweaks/scenario editing, the game's 10% of the fun it could be.
rofl...Nothing like turning Israel into a Jewish superstate and then conquering most of the Middle East and European lands on the Med,With Nuclear powered ships and subs, Elite Modern Infantry, Aircavalry, and jets, in 1940....HOI2 was a great damn game...in fact I might go re-install it right now. XD.
1.3 Version at 1946. whole world is under German boot.Tryed that with Soviets...If I had only 6 mounths more,you would be speaking Russian,instead English.
Playing with USA is one frustrating expierence.Not sure,but until USA joined WW2 I finish watching 6th movie on DVD player.Really boring,even for big fun of that game.
Never played Doomsday,becouse when I download and instaled Dooms,I couldnot open HoI2 anymore.
And best part was..when Czecho-Slovakia conquered Germany at 1938.What can I say...
More HoI 2 players? Excellent. I've got HoI Armageddon 1.2 with the GIP CDCP mods. GET THE CDCP if you got Arma 1.2. Makes the game actually not crash.

I do enjoy steamrolling Britain, build of the IC in Wales (Cardiff province), and liberating it, then controlling it.

Nazi's felt the wrath of the Welsh mountaineers:P
i dont play HOI,but my bother is the biggest fan of strategy games i have ever seen, he's played so much of them i'll try to list them

hearts of iron
hearts of iron2
the operational art of war
a bridge too far
medieval total war 1,2 and rome
all the close combat games

and a few more i probably never heard of

in HOI, my bro told me that , playing as nationalist china conquered india, most of communist china and of other chinese factions and part of mongolia
Have any of you got the doomsday version? 'Cos we could set up a game over hamachi...
it's got a nice music theme.
But I never played the game.
If anyone want play versions 1.3a,1.3,or 1, give me a call.