Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: To: Liz of The Salvager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
...hack.initiated...connecting.to.neural.net...decryption.in.progress...
...Interruptor.Gustav.Graves.recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: yFWONUL.png]

Evening, miss.

I do need to apologize for the sudden disappearance. If you hadn't mentioned your profession, I would have likely not bothered you, but I believe there might be an avenue of action that might turn out to be profitable for both of us, either short-term or long-term, depending on what you are interested in. First I would need you to indulge me when I ask about the exact nature of services you are able to provide, miss. I believe you might be able to help me climb the metaphorical career ladder, miss.

...encryption.in.progress...disconnecting.from.network...hack.terminated...
[Image: pda04_by_rhulaner-damqtnq.png]

I'm surprised you're contacting me this quickly already, but it's a positive surprise.

Our job is basically keeping Liberty and Bretonia clean. Like, would you like the debris fields in New York to become even bigger? I don't really want that. It's rarely the case people want that, so we look around the trade lanes and points of interests and keep our eyes open for running or upcoming battles between the good guys and the bad guys. And when the people are done, we take what nobody wants. I mean, it's rare to see salvaging ships that don't belong to the Puerto Rican people, but I'm one of those who don't wish to be seen as the casual Junker, as their reputation is damaged by drug smuggling and slave trading. No offense here.

Anyway, as I told Miss Nys at Fort Bush, I am interested in restoring the ships, which of course requires good amounts of debris of a certain ship class. The initial intention was to sell the ships back to their owners, maybe making friends by doing so, as having friends in space is always a good idea. Right?

(She looked to the side for a moment, smirking at something outside the camera's point of view, however, there were sounds of meowing cats. Looks like someone was watching cat videos while doing this transmission.)

Ahww, always delightening.

So, Mister Graves, what do you have in mind?

Liz

...uploading.data...

[Image: berKaZ7.png]

Thanks for the swift answer, Ms. Liz. You seem to be entertaining a noble hobby slash line of work. I personally don't believe this to be my cup of tea to be chasing battles, at least when I can avoid it, yet I can admire a brave woman. Interesting an adorable video, by the way. An adorable display of group preening behaviour. To get back to the topic, though: I like cheating, Ms. Liz. Not in a relationship, but I tend to seek for nooks and crannies that I can fit in to circumvent rules. Call it lazy, or any other adjective that comes to mind, but I prefer calling it clever management of my faculties.

I plan to advance in the ranks of the Hackers, Ms. Liz, and you are able to assist me doing so. From what I'm able to see, you're running a business. Businesses bring money, which is something I can offer you for your help. What I need of you is the following: I need you to salvage Hacker technology in any capacity, be that weaponry or even a Vindicator you dredge up from somewhere. You will then use this technology under a codename and let me take some footage of you. If that works well, there would be something that requires a bit more acting, but let us see how this goes first. That is, if you're interested.

[Image: pda08_by_rhulaner-danb9xr.png]

Uh. Mister Graves, the first part of that deal sounds okay to me. I mean, it's actually a rare thing to see Lane Hackers out there, especially fighting. Like, seriously. In the recent days, I've only seen Rogues, Xenos, Hellfire and Auxesians raiding Liberty. In fact, I've seen more nomads invading Liberty than seeing Lane Hackers showing up. With that rate, it could take a while to find a Lane Hacker, especially one fighting AND losing the battle. I think that's a bit difficult and could take a while to happen.

If that's happening, we could talk about it. We would actually need quite a few debris to restore a useable ship. One or two wrecks won't be enough here, I guess.

But the latter part, Mister Graves, I don't know about it. That's a bit too risky to me. Maybe you can find someone else for that part. I'm really not used to smaller vehicles. I build them, yes, but I don't fly them. And to be fair, I wouldn't want to risk my reputation with the Hackers this way. I can speak of luck they aren't paying me much attention. I think you know what I mean.

Liz

...uploading.data...

[Image: IqrmnyT.png]

Who said something about scavanging, Ms. Liz? I'd hardly let you work for something that is supposed to benefit me as well, now would I? That would be most uncouth from a gentleman. It also doesn't even need a ship, really. I remember distinctly that I once procured a storage on Beaumont. Right outside docking bay four, there is a hall. Look for number four hundred fourty four and contact me again once you are in front of it. Inside, you should find two Hellflurry MK V. All I need you to do is take these and we'll proceed as described already.

I can understand your trepidation about the deal, Ms. Liz, though I can assure you that I will personally make sure that there will be no harm coming your way. Don't forget that I myself am somewhat ill-mannered in this, and so it would be a quite moronic enterprise to make the underlying arrangements of this deal known. What is there to gain for you, is what you should be asking. A friend in the upper ranks of the Hackers can be quite handy.

...boosting.signal...retransmitting.message....
[Image: U2zPq7Z.png]

Mister Graves?

I-i'm sorry... I should have contacted you earlier. I'm really sorry.

There is a little problem, and I may need to accept your offer now. My shiny ship is in shambles now. The current pirate activity in Liberty really became a problem for me. Right now, I'm stuck at Pittsburgh, and they won't let me get back to Manhattan. I really have a problem here. I have no ship to leave the planet, and you know what Pittsburgh is known for...

I... I would do whatever you want from me if you could help me, Mister Graves. I need you to bring me away from this rock here. I'd do everything. Just help me, please. I'm really afraid I could end up on Malta or worse...

You can contact me on this frequency. My rescue pod's energy will be gone in a few days, though. After that, I don't know what happens, and I don't know how long I'll be safe here. I don't know who to trust...

Please, help me...

Liz

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Deceiver.Gustav.Graves..recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 101b.png][Image: 3.png]

Miss Liz, I would advise you to remain calm. I'm actually surprised to hear from you. The silence suggested that you were, well, not interested, and my vault on Beaumont unopened told likewise. I need to say that you are putting me in a tight spot. Pittsburgh may not be a security fortress, but it is in the heart of Liberty. Tell you what, my little co-conspirator: I will help you. Before I can do that, I would need to know what exactly your situation is. You said they wouldn't let you back to Manhattan, which suggests to me that there is a problem with money, likely, or valid papers. If that's the case, then that would also mean that you can't easily get a place to stay or sleep, hence you are referring to your escape pod.

Miss Liz, I need to know more about your surroundings. Where did you land? What kind of people are there — miners et cetera. Lastly, I would need to know a place where I can safely have you meet a client of mine who can supply you with what you need, provided you tell me what exactly is necessary.

Oh God, I'm so happy you are responding.

Long story short, some people didn't like the idea of the Salvager collecting the debris of their friends, and they opened fire at it, The power core took too much damage and we had to take the escape pods before the thing would have burned away everything within three kilometers. That was close to Pittsburgh, within the junk field. If we had headed for Fort Bush, they would have intercepted us, so we headed for Pittsburgh and crash-landed there. I'm a few kilometers away from the main landing platform, and I could make it within some hours there, but I need someone to bring me from there to Manhattan.

I know I could stay a while at the landing pads, but I'm pretty sure if I leave the escape pod, they will take it. The rules of survival are rather rough here, Mister Graves. They take what they can get. And I'm not in the condition to defend myself here. Got a few bruises from the crash-landing... give me a time and I'll be at the main landing pads. Just don't let me wait there for too long. If they find me sleeping somewhere in the streets, well... boron mining, or Malta.

I have only what I have here. I can't access my Interspace Commerce account from here. It's just the comm unit still working. I don't have anything to tell people who I am. No licenses. Nothing.

Liz

...hack.initiated...connecting.to.Spyglass.Network...decryption.in.progress...
...Deceiver.Gustav.Graves..recognized...encoding.transmission...
...uploading.data...

[Image: 101d.png][Image: 3.png]

I can see why that is a rather frightening situation. Miss Liz, I would now ask you to leave the escape pod behind and move to the landing pad you mentioned. Keep your head and especially your face obstructed somewhat. The air is dirty, so it will hardly raise an eyebrow. You will find that there currently is a civilian shuttle — and I would like you to just take it. It will be enough to return to return to where you would need to go, but there is a catch. See, as soon as you take it into your possession and leave the docking ring, everyone and their mother will know that you obtained an illicit shuttlecraft, and Interspace will proceed to lock your neural net accounts. I'm afraid this will need to be a new start for you.

Oh, and the docking ring will start shoting you. I suggest that you make your way to the badlands quickly, though make sure the Rogues there won't be treating you as running target. I'm sure you'll find a way to get around with them in due time. Junkers do work closely with the Rogues on Buffalo to process workers and Cardamine, right? Anyways, in case you want to get back on your feet, I might be willing to add a few of my own funds in case you help me with the deal I proposed earlier. With all that being said: That is how I can help you out of this mess. The only thing you should ask yourself is whether that sounds better than the boron mines or Malta.

Pages: 1 2