Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Tanny's Nationalist Devving thread||LF+SHF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Rear.
[Image: Oob6H3E.png]

Front.
[Image: Tty4WS7.png]

Top side.
[Image: n18M6zI.png]

Bottom Side.
[Image: o2L6r36.png]

Bottom.
[Image: KrXRBki.png]

Top.
[Image: kk4nm4C.png]

VHF/Light bomber hybrid Superheavy fighter, UN shipline. Freighter shield, SNAC.

More to come.
I really like the looks. Looks very detailled, so I do not know whether it complies with the modelling standards, polycount, etc etc here.
(11-06-2016, 01:05 PM)Jack_Henderson Wrote: [ -> ]I really like the looks. Looks very detailled, so I do not know whether it complies with the modelling standards, polycount, etc etc here.

Surprisingly - it does.

You can create an astounding amount of detail with very few polys. Shape angle is also a factor.
[Image: mrvzTuh.png]

Work in progress Light Fighter/Scout/Interceptor, UN line. It's nearly a third shorter than a Scimitar, no wider, but girthier on the vertical. The engines are huge, exposed, and where most of the model detail went.
You really need to learn how to use smoothgroups, these models sorely need proper smoothing.
(11-06-2016, 08:19 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]You really need to learn how to use smoothgroups, these models sorely need proper smoothing.

Will do. Bear in mind I'm self-teaching everything.
Size comparison for the UN LF with UN VHF (already ingame) and the Scimi.

[Image: EMcyrvE.png]
Side-by-side of the current Heavy Fighter concept. I'm probably going to scrap it and start afresh since the model is proving exceedingly boring.

The endgoal is a Heavy Fighter similarly sized to the wraith, designed to fight its VHF nemesis with a slightly different set of strengths and weaknesses (wraith is a HF/VHF crossbreed, this will be the same), but ultimately ballanced against each other. Difficult to figure out where to go.

Hm. Perhaps I might style it after a bigger version of the LF.

[Image: kL5curj.png]
The last picture actually looks nice.
Off topic question, is the unioners account your new main account? If not why arent you posting with your regular account?
Pages: 1 2