Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Rename Outer Rim back to Edge Worlds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is this, Star Wars? It was Edge Worlds in Vanilla and there's no reason why it should've been changed to a suspiciously Star Wars-like designation.
wasn't there already a thread for this... I believe lyth made it...

EDIT: found it
Tal has a point, however petty it may be ):
Outer rim is dumb.

They're Edge worlds in cannon.

A rim goes around the whole diameter - so is the barrier also the outer rim? Is Northern Kusari? No, it isn't. It's the barrier, made up of edge worlds, border worlds, independent worlds and Bretonia. New London is Tau One by astronomical designation.

Stick with Edge worlds.
HA! Hahahahaha.
Probably the funniest post I have come across on this forum.

But yes, Outer rim is too......cliché. Edge worlds is better, because its the edge of explored space, thus implying that there very well may be systems out there that have yet to be found.

Outer rim suggests that they are the limit of space, and I really dislike that ''boxed in'' feeling.
I'll stand by my preference for Fringe Systems as Edge Worlds sounds far too dull in my opinion. Outer Rim is just a general term for systems on a galactic border so naturally a sci-fi series that deals with an entire galaxy is going to use it.