Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Idea: Spawn NPC snubs with docking module
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe it's cool if someone with docking module can spawn NPC snubs from their ship.

Example:
One drives a Liberty carrier with docking module.
3 hostile gallia bombers approach.
Carrier player type : /spawnguard
Then 4 liberty NPC fighters appear around him.

The amount of NPC depends on type of ship:
Transport, gunboat: 1
Cruiser: 2
Caps: 3
Carrier: 4

Only can use one per 30 mins.

What do ya think?
How is it an 'idea' when somebody suggests it every month?

Either way the answer has been a pretty consistent no for both technical (inability to direct the NPCs) and gameplay (keeping the focus of combat between players) time and time again.
Thanks, I don't know that
In other words , answer is NO because snubs pilots will no longer be absolute "Jack of all trades" in the game .
(11-18-2016, 09:19 AM)sasapinjic Wrote: [ -> ]In other words , answer is NO because snubs pilots will no longer be absolute "Jack of all trades" in the game .

Ever have your cap swarmed by 10 or so NPC fighters packing player level weaponry? Because you can survive that in a snub without taking any damage. Can't in a cap.

So go ahead and tell me again how it's snub bias when we can't implement a feature properly. If you feel like going and trying to figure out how to code NPCs to follow player given orders, have fighters ignore caps, have bombers ignore fighters, set commands to ignore certain ships in the fight or to shoot ones they'd normally ignore (ie; LN and HF allying against nomads, NPCs shoot HF anyway / HF hiring freelancers to shoot LN with them, NPCs ignore FL IFF'd ship(s) because they're neutral) then be my guest.

The list of problems goes on and on, oh, yeah, we're definitely biased.
(11-18-2016, 09:19 AM)sasapinjic Wrote: [ -> ]In other words , answer is NO because snubs pilots will no longer be absolute "Jack of all trades" in the game .

Thanks for the uneducated post, but no, it largely has to do with the impossibility to properly implement a feature like this on disco as pointed out above.
I don't ask for prefect solution , and NPC fighters you launch from carriers don't have to have any other command that "lunch" and "back to ship" , for a smart pilot that will be enough if he know when to launch . We can test that in game for couple of days to see will it work or not : if work fine , if not at least you can say : "it is impossible we tried" , and than you wont have : "Idea: Spawn NPC snubs with docking module suggestions! every month !
Carriers are military vessels and they will be mainly used against house in war , so when RP is done carrier just launch NPC when enemy player is near , not when other NPC are near or neutral ships close by , your NPC will auto attack hostile ID ship without need to any other command .
Lets say you have Bretonia Carrier , you encounter player on Valor , you do RP and start pew . When Carrier choose good time ( valor is close , there is no NPC ships around , or at least no hostile ones ) , Carrier launch his NPC ships with "launch my NPC ships named command" , the NPC ships detect Enemy IFF Valor , and they auto attack him like any other NPC in game . If Valor is destroyed or for any reason Carrier wish to halt attack ( trader entered zone , NPC entered zone ) he use "my NPC return to carrier named command" and thus prevent accidental kill of player .
This 2 simple command cant possible be made ?
(11-18-2016, 12:45 PM)sasapinjic Wrote: [ -> ]I don't ask for prefect solution , and NPC fighters you launch from carriers don't have to have any other command that "lunch" and "back to ship" , for a smart pilot that will be enough if he know when to launch . We can test that in game for couple of days to see will it work or not : if work fine , if not at least you can say : "it is impossible we tried" , and than you wont have : "Idea: Spawn NPC snubs with docking module suggestions! every month !
Carriers are military vessels and they will be mainly used against house in war , so when RP is done carrier just launch NPC when enemy player is near , not when other NPC are near or neutral ships close by , your NPC will auto attack hostile ID ship without need to any other command .
Lets say you have Bretonia Carrier , you encounter player on Valor , you do RP and start pew . When Carrier choose good time ( valor is close , there is no NPC ships around , or at least no hostile ones ) , Carrier launch his NPC ships with "launch my NPC ships named command" , the NPC ships detect Enemy IFF Valor , and they auto attack him like any other NPC in game . If Valor is destroyed or for any reason Carrier wish to halt attack ( trader entered zone , NPC entered zone ) he use "my NPC return to carrier named command" and thus prevent accidental kill of player .
This 2 simple command cant possible be made ?

First of all, you expect ppl to care about anyone who is not a part of the combat ... that is naiv already. Second is, if it could have been made while it had no ways it can backfire, I'm pretty sure it would already be in the game. However, your comment was blunt and stupid anyways, so there is no point in trying to get away from that by expanding the idea which probably every second person had who flies a carrier already.

Also, need I remind you that Freelancer was never actually even made for the stuff Discovery has nowadays, however people keep getting greedy and greedy. If you want NPC fighters, you can play Eve Online, with all of its drones and stuff. I am pretty sure if something like that would be implemeted, some would find abuses in less than an hour , which would force devs to scrap the whole thing or drastically downgrade it. Like with jumpdrives they had to cause people kept jumping any and everything across the whole map...