Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Graphics Mod] SweetFX Freelancer - Sharp the world
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

1. First note:

THIS MOD ISN'T APPROVED BY ADMINS TEAM
    THIS MOD DOESN'T MAKE ANY ADVANTAGE INGAME, SO IT WOULD BE OKAY
    (I'm trying to make this approved, currently it works on our server without problems.)

2. Introduce:

SweetFX is a modification to change 3D effects in game.
    It can be used by almost any game that support DirectX. Most notable GTA Series

And I've found a good config for freelancer, which SHARPEN the universe and make it more DEEP and MIGHTY.
    So I combine everything you need into a pack.
    Work best with Swag Pack.

Here is some screenshot comparisons. The half left is original, the half right is with mod.
    (Right click on image -> Open image in new tab for better resolution)

[Image: gmWOeMf.jpg]
    [Image: OzT50Gl.jpg]

3. Before start:

- Backup your EXE folder.
    - Install Swag pack (recommend) without copying EXE folder.
    - If Swag pack is installed, open EXE folder and delete these files:
    Code:
    enbseries.ini
    d3d8.dll
    d3d9.dll
    enbconvertor.ini
    d3dx9_40.dll
    d3dx9_26.dll

4. Installation:

*QUICK INSTALL:
    - Download SweetFX_FL.zip
    ***Chrome flags this file as not commonly download, just press up arrow button and choose Keep.
    - Extract to your Freelancer folder.
    - Start the game.

*STEP BY STEP installation (for geeks and devs/admins):

5. Extra config:

The default config is good for the most. But if you want to see some special effects, read a quick explanation below.

6. Troubleshooting:

- If you exprience lagging and fps drop, do these things:

7. Appreciate to:

SweetFX and ENBseries team for barebone mod.
    Drogean for Freelancer config file.
    and creators of Swag pack.
    Discovery Mod Devs/ Admins and this great community.
And thank you too, for posting this! I might try it on my test FL installation.
- Updated -
Quick question: How much of the new details in this mod extends to? As in, Is it only a certain selection of systems, or is it everything?
(11-24-2016, 05:48 AM)diamond1 Wrote: [ -> ]Quick question: How much of the new details in this mod extends to? As in, Is it only a certain selection of systems, or is it everything?

Everything
Tested just now on my second FL install. Beamed myself to various systems, saw how it looks.

It is, essentially, a very small (~1mb) DLL pack that makes the game render more darkly and with increased contrast. It looks good, because space needs to be generally more dark anyways. There aren't any new textures or things of that sort, so it keeps the vanilla feel and adds a little more realism in terms of brightness levels.

If the admins approve it, then I would put it in my regular Disco installation to use in the server as well. Thumbs up for the uploader!

Also, I am still waiting on THIS to release: http://www.flnu.net/downloads/fl0109.jpg
HERE is also a video for it: http://www.flnu.net/downloads/fl1509.mp4
I'd love to see this be approved. I remember using sweetfx on some other game and the vibrance it added was absolutely amazing.

Definitely using it if allowed when I get access to the game again.
(11-24-2016, 11:04 AM)eigos Wrote: [ -> ]Tested just now on my second FL install. Beamed myself to various systems, saw how it looks.

It is, essentially, a very small (~1mb) DLL pack that makes the game render more darkly and with increased contrast. It looks good, because space needs to be generally more dark anyways. There aren't any new textures or things of that sort, so it keeps the vanilla feel and adds a little more realism in terms of brightness levels.

If the admins approve it, then I would put it in my regular Disco installation to use in the server as well. Thumbs up for the uploader!

Also, I am still waiting on THIS to release: http://www.flnu.net/downloads/fl0109.jpg
HERE is also a video for it: http://www.flnu.net/downloads/fl1509.mp4

Thanks for the feedback.
The mod you show is awesome.
Excellent work there, thanks for this great addition to discovery gaming community.
also thanks for the appreciation at the bottom Smile
Moved to Freelancer Forum.

Also, this is looking pretty neat! Keep up the good work!
Pages: 1 2