Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: *The WISE* to the Bafflin' Boyz and others
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Malaclypse,

You have challenged us in an aggressive and accusing tone. I find this to be confusing and unreasonable for a diplomat. You claim to follow the precepts of Principia Discordia (you are Discordians) and Graduates of the Timbuktu U. (I will not bother to address the notions of Yellow Sun Cult, which demands strict obedience contrary to Discordian belief. Nor will I bother to address the notion that you are bankers Gnomes of Zurich. No doubt you have made great sums of money off hard working people.)

I believe Ahmed Baba, one of the most formidable scholars of the region during the founding of the Universities of Timbuktu, would find those following an offshoot of Mormonism involved in an unacceptable practice. Especially, if they claimed part of their knowledge was based in the practices and beliefs of Timbuktu Universities, which decidedly claims fealty to the God of Abraham and Ishmael.

However, I truly digress. You seem sufficiently bright, so I will address some of the rhetoric that you have lavished on us, but only in limited form. You miss the point completely. I am not a theologian or a philosopher. We do not come to debate philosophy or to anguish over precepts. I am an Ambassador. I speak in the form and formal speech of my people and expect that form to be acknowledged as honorable and acceptable as long as it does not break the common rules of universal diplomacy. Take it as you will, but speech patterns are not usually debated in diplomatic circles. Greetings and forms of speech are normally attempted to be acquired by Diplomats, at least those with any experience at Diplomacy, not ridiculed and attacked.

Also, I find it bemusing that you would bring such bravado to your accomplishments. They seem adequate enough, but your pronouncement of them leaves one with the feeling that you are insecure within yourself as a people, because you cannot let them speak for themselves. Rather you must thrust them down someones throat.

As for aiding others, I do not remember offering spiritual or material help. I do remember offering others assistance if they needed it. I left the definition of what they needed for assistance to them. Or do you imply that only the TAZ could possible help those in need. A very interesting stand politically, but not a practical one. Nor would I think an advantageous one.

The WISE have no interest in questioning your beliefs. If you wish to question them and seek our assistance, we will do our best to dialogue with you. However, you might wish to find others more theologically and philosophically grounded than me to do so, for I am a Diplomat and not accustom to such conversations. You might try Cadfael or The Knave for such conversation if they have time in their busy schedules to discuss such issues. At least they have more training in such matters.

The WISE certainly have no interest in picking your pocket or pulling your leg. We have never accepted that as part of our community and have requested those that practice such behavior to leave and find a life elsewhere.

You speak of Discordia as your foundation. The Principia Discordia clearly states:

If you want in on the Discordian Society
then declare yourself what you wish
do what you like
and tell us about it
or
if you prefer
don't.

There are no rules anywhere.
The Goddess Prevails.
Malaclypse the Younger, Principia Discordia, Page 00032

In this context, whatever we have declared ourselves to be or believe in should be irrelevant to you. According to the principles of your own writings, we have no limitations. You have declared agreement with the notion: Thou art God! So continuing in your train of thought: if I as a god declare with others that I can envision there is truly one supreme God and declare it to be such: does He not then have to exist? This is the essence of the Ontological argument, as Anselm stated clearly. According to your principles, you should have no qualms with this and we should be allowed to go our way without prejudice.["no rules anywhere] (Of course, unless you choose to have prejudice (whether it is founded or not), because there are no rules anywhere compelling you one way or the other.) Of course, the point of all of this is that if you want to have real Diplomacy, then there are rules and limitations.

You sombunallwhat apologize for belittling The ONE. Whatever that means (and I am uncertain). In our belief, it is quite beyond you (or me for that matter) to belittle The ONE. He is beyond us and beyond that concept. (I do not know if you are capable of understanding if you have ears then hear.)

The conversation we should be having is one of diplomacy, Diplomats attempting to find ways of benefiting all people. I find your remarks to be an affront to the diplomatic matters that should be discussed on this forum. Again you have chosen the wrong venue to vent your obvious frustration with a people you have yet to know. It amazes me that with such intolerance you have lasted this long in a universe full of such diverse beings.

May The ONE be with you.