Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Research and Development - Reporting center
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: k2yPs48.png]

Research and Development

Greetings operatives. I hope everyone received his or her gear. This channel will be used as the main communication hub, reporting center and the link between you and the High Command of the fleet. Good hunting.

~ADM John Sader
Liberty Navy 5th Fleet

Communication channel opened...
Encryption: HIGH
Origin: 5th Fleet HQ | Juneau Shipyard
ID: Admiral John Sader
Subject: Assignment

Greetings Operatives. There is a group of unkown people who managed to get the attention of the High Command. They are a group of fanatics who worship technology as somekind of diety. For a short time we looked over them. But they shown their hostile intentions and their recent attack on manhattan's orbit was the last drop in the glass. They use very advanced technology including but not limited to hyperspace and heavily armed attack drones. Operative Fletcher has been provided with remains and data collected during their recent attacks. I want you to examine the data and the drone remains as well. For now we only that they are remotely controlled. We need to know what kind of frequency are they using to maintain the connection with their drones in order to be able to follow their signal back to the source and if its possible somehow jam the signal.

All in all your objectives are as follows:
-Examine the datapads and remains
-Locate the frequency they use to communicate with the drones
-If you encounter them anywhere follow the signal to its source in order to locate their base of operations and capture them dead or alive
-Gather any information regarding this group
-Develop a jamming device in order to temporary disable the drones.

Good luck.

Sincerely,
Admiral John Sader
Liberty Navy 5th Fleet
- - {Transmission Initiated} - -

[COMM-ID]: Commander Murray, Alissa
[Image: DDZAIfc.png]

[RECEIVER-ID]: 5th Fleet Research and Development
[SUBJECT]: Operations.

[PRIORITY]: Iota - Medium
[ENCRYPTION]: Iota - Medium

Operatives.

As of right now, the division is quiet. While it should be, I speak more in the er of active operations. To get straight to my point here, as Director of this division, we have new orders as directed by both myself and Admiral Sader.

Firstly, the primary goal of the division from this point to the foreseeable future will be to acquire and investigate any extraordinary items and situations that arise in or around Liberty space. Bretonian situations are game as well, so long as the investigation of such does not hinder civilian or military traffic and business as is cleared by the High Command first.

Secondly, a full recon scan of the Kansas system will need to carried out. Recently, a heavy patrol was carried out, but a more indepth scan of the planets and fields there will need to be done. Kansas already shows promise of being another garden system, but the local pirate and terrorist presence makes the place a true frontier. With effort and intel, Kansas could easily become another core system for the Republic.

Lastly, and most notably, I am handing the reins of the division to Admiral Sader for the time being. The next few months will be a fairly uncomfortable time, and while I will still be giving my all to further our work, I have confidence that my brief absence will be of little consequence.

Good luck out there, gents.

Murray, out.

- - {Transmission Terminated} - -
Incoming Transmission

To: 5th Fleet Research and Development
Subject: Operation
Encryption:High

Quote:Secondly, a full recon scan of the Kansas system will need to carried out. Recently, a heavy patrol was carried out, but a more indepth scan of the planets and fields there will need to be done. Kansas already shows promise of being another garden system, but the local pirate and terrorist presence makes the place a true frontier. With effort and intel, Kansas could easily become another core system for the Republic.

I'll solve this problem now, you will hear from me today.

"Driva"

Transmission End
Incoming Transmission

Subject: Kansas scan results
Encryption: Access granted to 5th Fleet only

I visited and scanned everything in Kansas that I found.
I will send some pictures or my results and describe something about them.
Let's start:
<First Map after the jump.>
<Planet Topeka>
<Planet Wichita>
<Colby>
<Arkansas Ice Asteroid Field plus location>
<Planet Death Valley>
<Dante's View>
<Refugio Base>
<Overland Park Asteroid Field plus the location. The third picture shows that this field is 10k over the plane.>
<Freeport America in orbit around Planet Topeka>
<The location of the unknown gate/LH ship Rattlesnake and the proof that the gate is 21k below plane.>
<Olathe>
<Lansing Logistical Hub with location and docking restriction message.>
<Dodge Asteroid Field plus final map.>

I think that are enough datas about Kansas but if not, then I'll fly there again and gather all information that you want.

"Driva"

Transmission End
Incoming Transmission

Subject: Kansas second scan results
Encryption: Access granted to 5th Fleet only

I was there again to gather more informations because I thought i forgot something.
Ok:
<Mining field within the Dodge Field plus a destroyed Asteroid Miner.>
<Location of the Vespucci jump hole within the Arkansas Field.>
<Additional information about the Refugio Base.>
<Smoky Hill Nebula. I'm sorry, I forgot to measure up the distance from plane and proof it, aswell as give the location. It's in the bottom right corner and 35k over the plane.>
<Location adn distance from plane, (~9k up) and some information about it.>
<Some stuff that I found in wrecks in Kansas. The weapons could be interersting.>

That are all information that I could get out of Kansas. There is nothing more to explore.

"Driva"

Transmission End

[COMM-ID]: Commander Murray, Alissa - L.N.S. Omaha

[RECEIVER-ID]: 5th Fleet R&D
[SUBJECT]: Status Update

[PRIORITY]: Iota - Medium
[ENCRYPTION]: Iota - Medium

Operatives.

Things are tense right now. With the Gauls' push in Magellan among other things, Liberty is a bit barred for breathing room. Our development continues along, but so does our job. New field orders are as follows, as well as a brief on what we'll be doing for the foreseeable future.

-Map Comm Satellites in Kansas
-Map Vespucci System
-Collect other relevant data
-Engage Royalists wherever possible

Recently, the Executive Officer of Admiral Sader, Captain Franklin Drake, was captured by Legionnaire forces of the Commonwealth. If you already knew, great. If not, then now you know. There was a plan, but it has since gone to hell in a hand-basket, and now Drake requires a tactical evacuation. The operation is still being discussed, and may require secondary means of completion, but for now is in it's infancy.

What is known is that the Division will need to provide scouting reports for supposed Communication Satellites deployed by the Legion in Kansas, as well as updated maps of the system known as Vespucci. These items will prove vital to rescuing Captain Drake from the Legion's hands, as well as removing the Legion altogether from Liberty space.

In other news, the Division was recently awarded a flagship for which to use as a testbed for development and research. The new ship, the L.N.S. Omaha (BB-013), is currently captained by myself, in coordination with Captain Allen Bradley and XO Commander Nathan Hale. Any and all operatives will be given access to the ship for delivery purposes relating to sensitive items, as well as rest and recuperation. This warship will be our home away from home when deployed, but until then, she is a heavy asset to the fleet.

That is all.

Murray, out.

Communication channel opened...
Encryption: MAXIMUM
Origin: 5th Fleet HQ | Juneau Shipyard
ID: Admiral John Sader
Subject: Assignment

Greetings Operatives. First and foremost. Operative Gearing. I would require an ETA on the files we talked about earlier.
Second i'm giving your division another assignment as well. Here is the briefing. Today at 01:30 hours the Yosemite detected a rheinland gunship within Virginia close to the New Hampshire jumphole. After a short conversation between the Yosemite's CO Cmdr. Blake and the gunship's CO the gunship left. Later at 03:00 the same vessel has been detected within the California system by the Yosemite. This time there was no conversation because the gunship had the chance to make a run for it and it disappeared in the Magellan system. Now wheter or not this is a rogue Rheinland Military ship or a terrible spy it doesn't matter. The R&D's task is to gather some background information about this vessel and it's crew and elliminate it discretly and efficiently. You will find the report of Commander Blake attached to this communique.

Good hunting operatives.

Sincerely,
Admiral John Sader
Liberty Navy 5th Fleet

[Image: p5PU0S6.png]

[COMM-ID]: Commander Murray, Alissa

[SUBJECT]: Development

[PRIORITY]: Omega - Very High
[ENCRYPTION]: Omega - Very High

Operatives.

No doubt word's started to spread around the use of the data packets retrieved from the newly uncharted system connecting to Hudson. While I may be out of it for.. maybe the foreseeable future, I'm still keeping connected with what happens out there, and I'm honestly impressed with what you've been able to acquire. Now, we have to turn it into progress.

Admiral Sader, as well as Captain Bradley aboard the Omaha, have expressed interest in the development of what has been called an 'NEMP' bomb, or Nuclear Electromagnetic Pulse bomb. While I'm not sure what he could be planning to use it on, I have an idea that it might include the Gallic warship that recently obliterated Freeport 4, and for that our hand will need to be exercised.

I've poured over what research data I could from the supply brought back from the field, and I'm certain we can create this device with some effort and ingenuity on behalf of the developmental department. I'm placing Operative Nova in charge of this endeavor, and others are encouraged to land a hand. However, her department will lead in the development of this device, and I will try to assist in any way I can. From the look of the schematics buried in the data, it shouldn't take too long.

After all, in an idiotic pirate can learn up a way to make one, then Liberty's finest can build one with our eyes shut.

I'll be monitoring progress. Until then, I'm wishing you all the best of luck.

Murray, out.

[Image: p5PU0S6.png]

[COMM-ID]: Captain Murray, Alissa

[SUBJECT]: Congratulations

[PRIORITY]: Omega - Very High
[ENCRYPTION]: Omega - Very High

Operatives.

I'm glad to announce that Project Basilisk is finished. The two NEMP-class explosives are prepped and ready, and are standing by aboard the Omaha for deployment.

I want to personally thank Operative Nova and her team for their effort, as well as the team of Operative Driva. You've done fantastic jobs, and now we can begin the next step of the operation.

We'll be standing by for now, but stay alert.

Murray, out.

Pages: 1 2 3