Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Geoff's Dev work: Getting side tracked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hexagons, Hexagons, HEXAGONS!

Just a little practice again. I tried to go for a human type looking cloak system that doesn't show any sort of organic elements.
This did teach me a little more on ALE design but also taking a crash course into how to make textures for Disco.

First iteration used treewyrms hexagons, second one used a custom textures I made along with a ring wave.

Third version made i guess, made it a lot faster to try and fit in with how quick most other cloak types last.

These are stunning and absolutely beautiful.
I love the second visual on the cloaking evice looks cool

Thanks
That ring is actually great. Much better and I guess it finally looks human as you wanted.
Are these using the ale I gave you with a different txm?
Redo on the fighter cloak sound, seems somewhat more suitable.

I want this for caps...amazing work!
This is probably as close to as how i wanted it to get. Any minor tweaks from here wouldn't be worth documenting, but overall I think i got the movements, density and art style is on point for what I was aiming for

BDM Unique cloak,
Haha, look. I'm making content for myself. #NotADevApparently

Anyway, these will most probably go towards what I've finally decided as our faction perk request. I'm settled with the sound but I'm having trouble making rings like the fighter one. I'll hopefully have the time to come round to it later

(05-04-2019, 01:09 PM)Geoffacake Wrote: [ -> ]BDM Unique cloak,
Haha, look. I'm making content for myself. #NotADevApparently

Anyway, these will most probably go towards what I've finally decided as our faction perk request. I'm settled with the sound but I'm having trouble making rings like the fighter one. I'll hopefully have the time to come round to it later

I love it.

Now, I'm the guy with the tasteless Thor Ragnarok neon lightning ship, so I've got no leg to stand on, but I think it would be prettier if the fx count was toned down a bit. Just a tiny bit less fx objects would help it remain immediately obvious what the player is looking at from a distance.
Pages: 1 2 3 4