Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: FYI: System Names in the "Player Status" Tracker Incorrect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Low priority, for sure, but wanted to mention the following:

Many of the systems that have been renamed recently (notably in the Omicrons) still reference / populate their old names in the tracker (found here).

For example, someone in Omicron Epsilon will show as Omicron-100. The changes to Omicron Psi, Chi, Xi and Phi (I believe) all display their former names, such as Omicron-74.

Not sure who owns / updates the tracker, but it's something that doesn't jive with the current NavMap in this version of Discovery.

Just an FYI.

-Yegg
Also the case with Sigma 15 and 21.
Extremely bad and useless changes which shouldn't happen btw. But ye, tracker is broken.
Because devs should stop randomly renaming systems without a good reason. Especially when it comes to really bad looking and sounding things like Omicron Tau and Omicron Omega. Not to mention to say that those are harming an actual gameplay as well.
How the frak are they supposed to harm gameplay? It's a consistent naming scheme and makes sense. Deal with it.
(11-29-2016, 08:16 AM)Char Aznable Wrote: [ -> ]How the frak are they supposed to harm gameplay? It's a consistent naming scheme and makes sense. Deal with it.
Because it's stupidly confusing. Numbers were better anyway.

I keep forgetting that Omicron Psi is Omicron 99, pretty annoying. I feel like numbers can be more memorable but that's me.

Some people actually argue that Omicron Tau is a Tau system too. Or Omicron Omega being an Omega.
(11-29-2016, 08:16 AM)Char Aznable Wrote: [ -> ]How the frak are they supposed to harm gameplay? It's a consistent naming scheme and makes sense. Deal with it.

What Nyx said Char, go to Tau. Also Psi, Phi and Chi. Also dealing with the bad things won't make anything better. There is more than a lot things to develop in this mod, but devs need to make confusing, annoying and useless chnages that no one asked for. Сonsistency is a good thing when it comes to a good things, consistent crime against the common sense ins't the one. I mean yeah, in theory it does sounds logical, but it's completely cut off from reality and I assume that people who did those changes are not actually flying in this region a lot.
You guys are making it a bigger deal than it is and needs to be...
(11-29-2016, 01:54 PM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: [ -> ]You guys are making it a bigger deal than it is and needs to be...

Maybe it isn't, but I never met a person who would like and weclome those renames and I know a lot of people who flying in those systems.
"I need you in 80" was a way better thing to tell your friends than "I need you in Tau"

If these sound good is a matter of taste but it sure as hell didn't improve anything without any noticeable advantage.
Pages: 1 2 3 4