Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Designating a Sirius Star System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As discussed in a thread earlier ( http://discoverygc.com/forums/index.php?sh...27678&st=45 ) we determined that the creators of FL never explicitly designated a system in the Sirius Sector as the original Sirius system. Poll is self-explanatory...discuss
is the "sirius sector" not only just an "arm" of the galaxy? anyway - i think there is a "sirius" sector in the single player campaign.... ... when orilion shows the others the projection of the artifacts ( in a cutscene ) - they see their location ( a cubic sector ) and the hypergate connections throughout the spherelike network of galaxies / locations.

I've long argued that the sleepers flew past Sirius...so, no, I do not think we should.
' Wrote:is the "sirius sector" not only just an "arm" of the galaxy?

No, an entire arm would be impossibly huge. If Sirius (the real star system) was the target of the sleeper ships it would have been very close, in a galactic sense, within our current arm of the Milky Way.

The Sirius sector is likely a particular group of stars that have common origin, kinetics and age. There is such a thing being researched called the Sirius group.
Said yes. I think it would be an interesting novelty. The system shouldn't do too much-put it off on some remote trade run or something where it's not in the way.
discovered by OSC and they have a liner there and a new target for whoever targets OSC. Yay!
Yes.
In some new system-Erm French?
I voted yes and add a new system. While I've always said that I believed Sigma-19 was Sirius, adding a new one to be more accurate would be better. My recommendations would be to make it very close to Kusari, as an in-game rumor states many tourists travel to Kusari to see Sirius. Also, an OSC base with a Kusarian name would be nice.

Now...if only we could make a jump hole back to the remnants of the Sol System...
Jump hole betwen galaxies? Heh.
' Wrote:Jump hole betwen galaxies? Heh.
Sirius and Sol are in the same galaxy. Sirius is only 8.6 light years away, so it would actually be only a jump hole away I think. The diameter of the Milky Way, on the other hand, is 100,000 light years.
Pages: 1 2