Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Why zoner have CoF?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Recently I meet a situation with Zoner.

- My Junker gunship is on the way pirating at Omega-7, when near Freeport 1, some BHG NPCs appear and shoot me.
I shoot back. Two zoners beside the freeport request me cease fire, and leave zone, according to CoF (Confederation of Freeports).
If not, they will open fire.

After read about CoF, there are some problems with zoner neutrality.

Where one have a rule or law that include outer parties, he must define who is good and who is bad, that will make neutrality disappear.
All rules that a neutrality could afford is inter-organization rules.

When someone threat a base by firing in no-fire-zone, all the thing a neutrality should do is denying docking request, not destroy that vessel. Because if one destroy things, he makes enemy.

So I think, CoF makes zoner no longer neutrality.

But im new around here and my mind maybe narrow. So could someone tell here reason behind CoF?
(11-29-2016, 05:11 PM)ger3mita Wrote: [ -> ]But im new around here and my mind maybe narrow. So could someone tell here reason behind CoF?

I'll try to answer this question as I've not understood what you mentioned above. Sorry. Even though I do not play Zoner, I can tell the obvious reason(s) for the CoF's existance. The Freeports and 14K (?) around them are their zone. Since they maintain neutrality towards other factions, they do not want anyone shooting around their Freeports, which is why the CoF laws exist. There'll be others who are able to answer your question in-depth.
That would require every Zoner indi to have the power to deny someone docking access. That's not good and not possible. However, if any Zoner feels the neccessity of defending a Zoner installation or to enforce the CoF-laws in range, they are free to do so. Obviously, the idea behind it is to ensure all the non-Zoner, fighting parties are to leave the NFZ, which is basically easy, as it's usually only 10k around the FP is, with the exception of Baffin, Omega-49 and since Finn McCool felt like it, Omicron Theta. There is no choosing between good and evil, as all the fighting parties will have to leave the NFZ, unless you are aware of the person that ignored the NFZ laws first, knowing that would result in the Zoners becoming active about it. Like, when you know who shot first, you know how to deal with him.

Yes, there are cases were you can't stay neutral as a Zoner. However, most people don't dare to violate the laws as it would mean the guy would never be able again to dock at any Zoner installation (FR5). That requires the watching Zoners to file a report to Finn McCool of the CoF, so he can deal with the law violator.
(11-29-2016, 05:20 PM)Burning Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2016, 05:11 PM)ger3mita Wrote: [ -> ]But im new around here and my mind maybe narrow. So could someone tell here reason behind CoF?

I'll try to answer this question as I've not understood what you mentioned above. Sorry. Even though I do not play Zoner, I can tell the obvious reason(s) for the CoF's existance. The Freeports and 14K (?) around them are their zone. Since they maintain neutrality towards other factions, they do not want anyone shooting around their Freeports, which is why the CoF laws exist. There'll be others who are able to answer your question in-depth.

But why threat shooting me? I think best solution is prevent me from docking. (by rephack or something similar)

And zoner have rights on space territory (outside base)?
(11-29-2016, 05:27 PM)ger3mita Wrote: [ -> ]And zoner have rights on space territory (outside base)?

space rights afaik only in 49 and theta, baffin is taz, not zoner (take a look at the rules of baffin and the TAZ id)

regards ekki
Okay, thanks you for answers.
Right now I think that Zoner power is too big, bigger than any houses because noone dare to touch them. (except pirate)
So switzerland is neutral. If you go to switzerland and shoot the place up they WILL shoot you. There you go.

Zoners have always enforced a no-fire zone, over 6 years ago already.

P.S.: Your ZOI ends where your plasma disperses (sun)
This is the Zoner Conspiracy.
(11-29-2016, 05:59 PM)Officially_that_Guy Wrote: [ -> ]So switzerland is neutral. If you go to switzerland and shoot the place up they WILL shoot you. There you go.

Zoners have always enforced a no-fire zone, over 6 years ago already.

After heard other explainations, I just mess with NFZ, why zoner have that zone to apply CoF. Because 10km could block all the tradelane route.

If you go to 10km from switzerland border and shoot the place up, that's another story.

EDIT: Yeah, if this is traditional, so I won't mess with this anymore
Zoner Zoner....Zoner
Pages: 1 2