Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Tutorial] How to un-cap/cap your FPS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How to un-cap/cap your FPS

Hello,
welcome to my tutorial how to un-cap/cap your fps.

First of all what we need are some programs who are doing this for us.

Option Number 1, Dxtory:

Download DxTory from this page. Download the latest version and install it. After that, start it and click on "Experience the Trial".
You will now use the Trial version, but it's enough to cap your fps.

[Image: N0sdmXG.png?1]

Set a tick on Limit Video FPS and enter a value under 150.

Now click on minimize.

Do you have a NVIDIA Graphic card or AMD?

AMD: Click on this small arrow on the lower right side of your screen. [Image: 6f9c9nh.png]

After that, right click on your AMD catalyst control center, choose your graphic card > 3d settings > Wait for vertical refresh and click on always off.

Now you should be able to use more then 60 fps in Freelancer.

NVIDIA: Click on this small arrow on the lower right side of your screen. [Image: 6f9c9nh.png]

After that, right click on your NVIDIA symbol and start the Nvidia control panel. Go to 3d settings > manage 3d settings > scroll down until you find Vsync > Disable it

Option Number 2, Guru3D RTSS Rivatuner Statistics Server:

Download Guru3D RTSS Rivatuner Statistics Server from this page. Download the latest version and install it. After that, the program could tell you a error, something with can't connect with server bla bla bla, just ignore it.

[Image: z9bnF76.png?1]

Activate Start with Windows.

Now, click on the big fat + on the left side and search for your Freelancer exe, for example here is my path: C:\Users\Paul\Desktop\disco 4.8\Discovery Freelancer 4.88.6\EXE\Freelancer.exe
If you are not sure where your exe is, start Freelancer over your launcher, go to your taskmanager switch to processes and search for the Freelancer.exe, after you found it, right click on it, and click on show file path, and this is how you find your exe.

After you added Freelancer, click on it in the big list and enter your framerate limit, after that, minimize it.

Do you have a NVIDIA Graphic card or AMD?

AMD: Click on this small arrow on the lower right side of your screen. [Image: 6f9c9nh.png]

After that, right click on your AMD catalyst control center, choose your graphic card > 3d settings > Wait for vertical refresh and click on always off.

NVIDIA: Click on this small arrow on the lower right side of your screen. [Image: 6f9c9nh.png]

After that, right click on your NVIDIA symbol and start the Nvidia control panel. Go to 3d settings > manage 3d settings > scroll down until you find Vsync > Disable it

I hope this tutorial was able to help you. If you have any issues, send me a pm over forum or add me on Skype: lambdadisco

Ps. stay under 155 FPS otherwise you will get into some trouble
Dxtory worked for me, thank you for making this tutorial it helped.
This seems to ruin my ability to play the game. After following the tutorial, discovery plays choppy at best.
Issue fixed! Seems it may have been my fault somewhere in my settings.