Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: My first Music track
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Guys ,
I started Learning Trance music production a couple of months ago , I'm a beginner and would like to know your opinion about my uplifting Track I hope you find it pleasing to your ears
(the track isn't mastered )

Here's the link
[url=https://soundcloud.com/michael-besali-kyriakos/mikezero-eternity][/url]
You gotta fix that link and make it clickable for all the lazies (sun)

Aaaaanyway. Listened to it, my verdict...kinda tired so I'll keep it short.

Disclaimer: I do not pull my punches on criticism. I do not hate the song, but there are several things I'd like to point out since you asked. I will give this another listen tomorrow to come up with a more "researched" reply.

(12-01-2016, 01:12 AM)Officially_that_Guy Wrote: [ -> ]You gotta fix that link and make it clickable for all the lazies (sun)

Aaaaanyway. Listened to it, my verdict...kinda tired so I'll keep it short.

Disclaimer: I do not pull my punches on criticism. I do not hate the song, but there are several things I'd like to point out since you asked. I will give this another listen tomorrow to come up with a more "researched" reply.

I Remade My Track from scratch , I think you will find it more satisfying Now !
Use the same link .
Cheers !
It's aight.

I don't really know what else to say considering it's trance and a similar end result can be reached by pasting 16 bars of nexus arp preset over and over.
Hello there,

as a producer, and not regular listener (one that does music never can't listen it again normaly) I can say that your mix is well done.

Your kick needs a kick. Use a compressor on it or limiter, but don't go too much. If you are using FL Studio, I suggest opening Fruty Limiter (the one provided by Imagine Line, it's the best) and choosing one of the presets for kicks, and choosing one that you like. After choosing the perfered preset, just lower the volume in the mixer of the kick chanel. You will adjust it as you like as soon as you follow what I said.

Your bass needs more middle presence (its a trance, you can't go only with sub- bass). Open up your EQ and open it up in the area between 500 and 1k. Cut the bass narrowly after 10k, and then you decide where your bass is played best in the whole mix, if you want, move it a bit towards right, but make sure it's cut off straight.

As a last note, good track, good melodies, good vibes. Did you use Nexus for your arpeggios?

I was producing a wide variety of music, from orchestral to electronic, where I ended up on Psychedelic Trance as a main style. I did House, Trap (before it was mainstream), rapp/ hip hopp beats for my boyos from da hood and many more.

edit: Also, as Corile said, I suggest experimenting with 16 bars for "climax" parts of the tracks, and for the intros, if you like making "orchestral" intros like I used to.
(02-10-2017, 06:33 PM)PRJKTLRD Wrote: [ -> ]Hello there,

as a producer, and not regular listener (one that does music never can't listen it again normaly) I can say that your mix is well done.

Your kick needs a kick. Use a compressor on it or limiter, but don't go too much. If you are using FL Studio, I suggest opening Fruty Limiter (the one provided by Imagine Line, it's the best) and choosing one of the presets for kicks, and choosing one that you like. After choosing the perfered preset, just lower the volume in the mixer of the kick chanel. You will adjust it as you like as soon as you follow what I said.

Your bass needs more middle presence (its a trance, you can't go only with sub- bass). Open up your EQ and open it up in the area between 500 and 1k. Cut the bass narrowly after 10k, and then you decide where your bass is played best in the whole mix, if you want, move it a bit towards right, but make sure it's cut off straight.

As a last note, good track, good melodies, good vibes. Did you use Nexus for your arpeggios?

I was producing a wide variety of music, from orchestral to electronic, where I ended up on Psychedelic Trance as a main style. I did House, Trap (before it was mainstream), rapp/ hip hopp beats for my boyos from da hood and many more.

edit: Also, as Corile said, I suggest experimenting with 16 bars for "climax" parts of the tracks, and for the intros, if you like making "orchestral" intros like I used to.

Hello and thanks for the feedback !
The main lead ( you can heart it after 1:51 is a nexus arp i tweaked it a bit and made 2 different lead layers ) , that's the only note I used from a plugin .

I'm completely a beginner and this is my first production , so I need to learn more about mastering , and yes you are right there are certain frequencies that needs tweaking .. (Y)