Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Need help from system editors/system art editors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to create a system wall/system background that looks like the surface of a planet. Thing is, I have no idea what tools to use or how to use them. I need help from someone who's done this before.

http://i.imgur.com/P1nxLJU.png

this is a screen where you can see the majority of the system wall. This is what I mean.
Ah, let me look that up. There was a nice tutorial on that on the starport, I think. Requires you both a image-editing program like Photoshop to smooth the edges of the "cube" and a modelling program, I guess it was Milkshape in that tutorial. Give me five minutes.

FOUND IT.
Thanks any others are appreciated as well
bumping this again, sombras response was good but I'd just like to see if there are any others before I start looking around/start editing
Sadly, this is pretty much the only useful tutorial I found. The other tutorials on Freelancer-related sites are either horribly outdated (pictures are not available anymore) or the tutorials were never finished at all.