Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: RNC-Schiller | A very wild RM Battleship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Forum name of the owner:

Das Wilde player faction (Jansen posting on behalf of the faction, the ship will be shared with the faction members to serve as a flagship)

Money to be taken from Wilde.Suende

2. What exactly are you requesting?

-A Rheinland Battleship with Wilde/Unknown IFF
-The permission to use a Rheinland Battleship with the Wild ID (a SRP ID could be mounted t prevent problems with the ship restrictions mentioned in the Wild ID, but the standard Wild ID with all of its permissions and restrictions (Except the ship use, obviously) would apply to this)
-The use of Rheinland and Nomad Capital weaponry at 100% (There will be no excessive use of Nomad weaponry, this is merely to highlighten the ‘hybrid’ nature of the ship)

If a custom SRP ID can be given, we would like to ask for the following:

RNC-Schiller ID

The ship carrying this unlawful ID is the Rheinland Battleship RNC-Schiller, which has been believed to be destroyed in a the battle of Tau-29, who:

Can freely engage any ship anywhere.
Can treat transports as combat targets.
Cannot demand credits. May demand cargo.
Cannot dock anywhere except on Nomad and Wild bases.
Cannot enter Gallic systems.

We are aware that there is no ZOI mentioned here, this is largely due the fact, that the Nomads themselves consider all of Sirius their ZOI (We are essentially Nomads hiding inside those wierd human things). The ship will be mostly used in the area of interest the Rheinland Wilde call their own, this includes Rheinland, Bretonia, the Omegas, Omicrons, Omegas and Sigmas as well as Drake and the systems surrounding it. Not mentioning a ZOI also is connected to the long term goals outlined in 5. There is the possibility, that this ship will be used to cause conflicts between other houses and Rheinland, so we would like to keep that option open. Gallia is excluded as it does not count as Sirius, its just some random appendix thing.

3. Exact name, identification and affiliation of the character:

RNC-Schiller - RM ID/RM IFF to be changed to Wild ID/Wild IFF

4. Why is this request necessary for the continuation of this character's roleplay?

This request is necessary to bring a character that so far has only been a subject of stories and reports into the ‘real game’. Until now this was not possible due to ID restrictions and a lack off useable IDs that could suit the Wild Roleplay, the Wild ID once allowed the use of Battleships, it seems that this has been lost somewhen in .85. As such the request can be used to start this characters ingame presence, where it can serve as a mystical flagship for das Wilde. As some of you may still remember, the Schiller was the Battleship, that got destroyed in Tau-29 in the single player campaign. We as Wild faction thought that it would be an interesting move to use this as a ground for a character, that can serve as faction flagship.

5. What short-term and long-term goals are you planing to achieve on this character?

Short-term goals: The character will be used to spread fear and terror in the space usually travelled by das Wilde. The major goal would be to ‘scare’ people with the intention to have them bring stories on the forums, which hopefully can transform this ship into something people would like to meet ingame because they somehow have heard of it.
In general the ship might be involved into fights and might kill people, however this will hugely depend on the way said people interact with it. Das Wilde has always been a faction trying to encourage RP, which essentially boils down to ‘You RP, you have a good chance to survive; You are a silent powertrader, you are pretty dead’.

Long-term goals: With the story this ship is based on, there could be further options to explain how the Rheinwehr got infected in the single player campagin by using certain flashbacks in the stories involving this ship. As such we might be able to ‘fix’ some holes that were left in the transition from the campaign to the Disco we all know and love.
The character will be used to further the plans of the Wilds and the Nomads in general, this will include trying to spark further conflicts between human factions. There has been a previous war between Rheinland and Bretonia because of Wilde involvement and blackmail, I am fairly certain that all people who were part of this had a good share of fun. Possible conflicts here could be trying to break the peace with Liberty, causing trouble in the Sigmas or even going for a small war with Bretonia once more. There are many options that could be used, most of them will be results of the Roleplay that happened because of the short-term goals.

6. Provide links to the relevant forum roleplay.

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=140065 - Schiller - The lost ship?
http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Koch_Family#...hr_Officer - The admiral of the RNC-Schiller
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=142709 - Happy he who learns to bear what he cannot change
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread...pid1810132 - Rivernode - Wilde Message Dump
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread...pid1815331 - Rivernode - Wilde Message Dump
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=142275 - Rivernode Delivery Dataport — External Contractors
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread...pid1817208 - The Kvartet - Temna Roza Jazz Club

7. Provide a cliffnote/summary for the links provided above.

1. This is the basic story about the ships transition from the single player campaign, into todays Disco universe
2. This is a short description of the ships captain Karl-Heinz Koch, a character belonging to SkyNet’s Koch family
3.This is a story taking place somewhere between the Nomad War and the present day. A gang of Junkers find the ship and proceed to enter it, though they find themselves in for an incubus up the urethra.
4. Message Dump Post regarding the ships status and the possible course of action based on it
5. Message Dump Post updating Number 3.
6. This thread contains all deliveries required to repair the ships hull
7. Shady dealings with a weapons dealer in a bar of a luxury liner, where else do you meet shady weapon dealers these days? Smile

8. How long has this character been building its backstory?

The ideas for this RP started somewhen in the beginning of this year, the first post was made half a year ago. Since then various pieces of roleplay have been added to the point where we felt that we can submit this request. Initially there were also plans to involve the DHC player faction into this, I also had talked with Pavel and he generally was interested in the idea, however, then life happened and we could not work the RP out for long me, so that we decided to subit this request without the additional RP with DHC. This generally could be done later, as the ship in its current state still relies on outdated technology, which, if the possibility arises could be updated with DHC (in)voluntary help.

9. If you feel that you would like to provide us with character references, specify whom.

The Wilde player faction (sun) (Foxglove, Skorak, SkyNet, Jansen, Landers, Shelco and whoever else I missed Confused )
Croft
Jazzi
Sanja
1. Exact name of the character:

RNC-Schiller

2. Link to the request to be amended:

3. What exactly do you want changed?

I am requesting that the ownership of the SRP be turned over to me. Furthermore, I want to be allowed to give the ship to the people who originally roleplayed to get the SRP, if these people are interested in flying the Schiller.

4. Why are these changes necessary?

The Schiller was my RP project when Das Wilde was still a thing. I got people to do the roleplay with me for it and when it came to posting the request, Jansen simply did it in my stead and requested it to become a faction shared ship. This was never intended to become the case. Whether out of malice or because he genuinely didn't know he was doing something wrong, I don't know, but fact is that he pulled the SRP out from underneath me.

With this request, I want to return this SRP to how it was intended by me in the first place. Since Das Wilde is not an official faction anymore and cannot continue as unofficial faction because of the lack of a Wild indie ID, the ship cannot stay a faction shared ship for a faction that no longer exists. The ship ingame was bought by and should be returned to him with a normal Rheinland Military ID. I will set up a new ship that will then become the Schiller.

If other people who did roleplay for the Schiller in the initial SRP want to also have access to the ship, they should be allowed to receive it from me and play it. They also put in effort for the ship.

5. Provide possible links to the relevant forum roleplay.

See the original SRP request, or here, for something more recent about the ship.
Ownership changed.