Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Something you may not know
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was playing around with my ATI Settings earlier today, and turning Anti-Aliasing on along with smart filtering and something called light maps and bloom dramatically increased the video quality of Freelancer!

Seriously, some of the things that looked jagged and edgy, are smooth and have a bloom tint to them. I also changed the colouring to "Theater" and the colour depth in game is so much richer and cleaner.

I have read about this, and if your card isn't powerful enough to handle the extra work done by your video card control panel, you can turn your game into a slide show. But if you know your computer has the grunt, I suggest having a look.

I also did this in Battlefield 2 and IL2 Sturmovik, and it looks seriously stunning over default settings. Not sure about the Nvidia interface, but the CCC allows you to set hot keys to change settings in game so you can reset settings to the default in-case your game becomes unstable or un-playable.

Check it out, and tell me your results:)
Well I already keep antialiasing in FL, I'll try the other stuff and let ya know.,.
i always got the feature called "Vivid" on and the bloom effect. - vivid is an MSI feature i think that adjusts the colours a little - to create more brilliant colours and more contrast when needed. - the bloom effect is nice, too - but creates some overbright surfaces in bright systems like omega-49 / tau-31. - there silvery ships can sometimes look like they are made of chrome and polished silver.

antialiasing is a nice feature, imo - but only worth it in lower resolutions. - since i run FL in 1600x1200 - there re no pixels anyway or any jagged edges.

forced mipmaps help on larger ships - so does anisoptric filtering - but the effect is rather minimal unless you re chilling and making a tour around your own ship.
I do notice it even on higher resolutions in Battlefield 1942.

There are metal all-steal fences surrounding churches, and the quality from a long/medium range is much better than with all of the above settings off.

ATI even has a built in over-clocking system. I can increase the core clock from 750MHz to 1000MHz by sacrificing 20 degrees C on a stock cooler. making the total temperature 42 degrees C

I'm happy my new video card makes a difference even in older games.
Now I'm sad I've an Nvidia card....do I have an up, too? *goes to check*
enbseries_deusex_v0075d<<< Have a look on the net for this little programme. This gives FL the ability to hook DirectX 9 feature. It was created for GTA vice city but works with many games. I fooled around with it for a while and it realy does make things look great. It does however take a bit of manual tweaking.

Theres a few versions of it the GTA vice city is the one that works best with FL.
You do, Unselie. Control Panel> NVidia Control Panel
' Wrote:enbseries_deusex_v0075d<<< Have a look on the net for this little programme. This gives FL the ability to hook DirectX 9 feature. It was created for GTA vice city but works with many games. I fooled around with it for a while and it realy does make things look great. It does however take a bit of manual tweaking.

Theres a few versions of it the GTA vice city is the one that works best with FL.

For ATI only, or for NVIDIA as well?

' Wrote:Now I'm sad I've an Nvidia card....do I have an up, too? *goes to check*

Well I have an ATI too, and ya can make some things better with it too. If you want to overclock, use a program called Riva Tuner.
If you want to increase graphics quality for FL, go to the NVIDIA control panel, go to advanced settings, the ones for each application specifically, select Freelancer, and set the settings that you want.

I made it force anisotropic filtering and antialiasing, also texture qualitise, and it looks a lot better.
Its not for a specific card. Its a couple of .dll's that go int the FL folder. You control the settings through a .ini file that goes along with them.

heres a list of the things that can be changed.

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=0
InitProxyFunctions=1
ProxyLibrary=
[GLOBAL]
UseEffect=0
AlternativeDepth=1
AllowAntialias=1
BugFixMode=0
SkipShaderOptimization=0
QuadVertexBuffer=0
EnableShaders_3_0=1
AdditionalConfigFile=enbseries2.ini
[EFFECT]
EnableBloom=1
EnableOcclusion=1
EnableReflection=1
EnableMotionBlur=1
EnableWater=1
EnableShadow=1
DepthBias=0
EnableDepthOfField=1
[INPUT]
KeyUseEffect=123
KeyBloom=120
KeyOcclusion=121
KeyReflection=122
KeyCombination=16
KeyScreenshot=44
KeyShadow=119
KeyWater=118
KeyShowFPS=106
[REFLECTION]
ReflectionPower=20
ChromePower=10
UseCurrentFrameReflection=1
ReflectionQuality=0
ReflectionSourceSpecular=50
ReflectionSourceTFactor=50
UseAdditiveReflection=0
ReflectionDepthBias=0
UseLowResReflection=0
ReflectionSinglePass=1
UseEnvBump=1
EnvBumpAmount=100
EnvBumpOffset=100
ReflectionFlip=0
[BLOOM]
BloomPowerDay=20
BloomFadeTime=2000
BloomConstantDay=5
BloomQuality=0
BloomScreenLevelDay=60
BloomCurveDay=3
BloomPowerNight=25
BloomConstantNight=5
BloomCurveNight=3
BloomScreenLevelNight=20
BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=80
BloomAdaptationMultiplier=20
BloomAllowOversaturation=1
BloomMaxLimit=100
[SSAO]
UseFilter=1
OcclusionQuality=1
FilterQuality=1
DarkeningLevel=30
BrighteningLevel=30
IlluminationLevel=40
AdditiveIlluminationLevel=30
UseAmbientOcclusion=1
UseIndirectLighting=1
FadeDistance=50
UseForAlphaTest=1
UseForAlphaBlend=1
[COLORCORRECTION]
DarkeningAmountDay=10
ScreenLevelDay=60
ScreenLevelNight=20
DarkeningAmountNight=-20
GammaCurveDay=0
GammaCurveNight=3
ColorSaturationDay=0
ColorSaturationNight=0
UsePaletteTexture=0
[WATER]
UseWaterDeep=1
WaterDeepness=20
WaterQuality=0
[SHADOW]
ShadowFadeStart=40
ShadowFadeEnd=80
ShadowAmountDay=60
ShadowAmountNight=30
ShadowScreenLevelDay=60
ShadowScreenLevelNight=20
ShadowQuality=0
UseShadowFilter=1
FilterQuality=2
ShadowBlurRange=30
[ENGINE]
ForceAnisotropicFiltering=0
MaxAnisotropy=8
ForceDisplayRefreshRate=0
DisplayRefreshRateHz=60
[MOTIONBLUR]
MotionBlurQuality=1
MotionBlurVelocity=40
MotionBlurRotation=40
[PERPIXELLIGHTING]
SpecularColorMin=0
SpecularColorMax=100
SpecularColorMultiplier=100
SpecularGlossinessMin=0
SpecularGlossinessMax=100
SpecularGlossinessMultiplier=100
[DEPTHOFFIELD]
DOFQuality=1
DOFNumberOfPasses=2
DOFFocusRange=70
DOFBlurinessRange=5
hmmm trouble is I don't know what a lot of the settings mean... Antrisopic? mipmaps? LOD bias? etc...

*confused*
Pages: 1 2