Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Request to the Admin regarding the LH ID.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear Admins,

As the leader of the only non-NPC, non-official faction to be listed on an ID, I would like to ask that IND be removed as a Sirius wide, no demand needed target from the LH ID.

While I recognize the special history between the two factions, ID rules are meant to be a balance of positive benefits and negative risks. Having LH be able to attack us without demand, all over Sirius is a very big negative risk, but we enjoy no positive benefit from the transaction. This is inherently unfair. And as a small unofficial faction looking to build up some steam, it leaves us disproportionately vulnerable to a specific type of metagaming/griefing.

If at some point in the future, we move along the road toward officialdom and get an ID, we would be happy to revisit this and develop a proper balance, but at the moment this is one-sided and unfair and we ask that the Admins remove this line from both the LH ID and the player faction ID

I would assume this line should have been removed when the IND ID was removed from the game and think it's probably an oversight that it wasn't.
Thanks.

Code:
Pilot carrying this unlawful ID is a member of the Lane Hackers, who:

- Can attack any ships within their Zone of Influence, except transports.
- Can demand cargo and credits from any ship within their Zone of Influence, and attack them if they do not comply.
- Can attack Ageira, Interspace and IND anywhere.
- Can treat transports carrying Jump Gate Parts, Trade Lane Parts and Gate/Lane parts as combat targets.
- Cannot ally with any lawfuls.
- Cannot use any transports with more than 4,300 cargo.

Zone of Influence: Liberty, systems directly bordering Liberty, Manchester, Leeds, Shikoku
Allowed ships: Fighters, Freighters, Transports, Gunboats, Cruisers

Code:
Pilot carrying this unlawful ID is member of the Lane Hackers who:
-Can attack any ships within their Zone of Influence, except transports.
-Can demand cargo and credits from any ship within their Zone of Influence, and attack them if they do not comply.
-Can attack Ageira, Interspace and IND anywhere.
-Can treat transports carrying Jump Gate Parts, Trade Lane Parts and Gate/Lane parts as combat targets.
-Cannot use any transports with more than 4,300 cargo.
Zone of Influence: Liberty, systems directly bordering Liberty, Manchester, Leeds, Shikoku
Allowed ships: Fighters, Freighters, Transports, Gunboats, Cruisers
(12-06-2016, 08:06 PM)Zelot Wrote: [ -> ]non-cannon

Is not really correct if we go by what canon is on disco and that is when it's official accepted into the game itself (Infocards etc.)

It is officially recongised by the dev team here: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread...pid1829026

Also included in inforcards like this one:
"Wall Street Station Wrote:Wall Street Station was established by Interspace to function as a remote headquarters for the organization, away from the tighter security of capitol systems. Its location means that not much cargo passes through Wall Street, but the business deals made on the station often value in the billions. Station accommodations are luxurious, easily rivalling that of luxury liners and resort worlds. Some of its more well known features are the Ships Inn Club, the Spacewalk Promenade and the Pavilion - a large retail center with only the most exclusive products.

A large section of the station has been taken up by a subsidiary known as the Independent Neuralnet Division (IND). Their section of the station has been heavily modified, with a large amount of counter-espionage systems rumored to have been put in place. Very few people outside of the company executives know what actually goes on in what has become known as "Grey Sector" on Wall Street.

Though your current action are of course non canon if that is what you meant.
Sorry, I should have said Non-NPC faction.
Nah. Just because you're small and starting back up right now doesn't mean there is any reason for the LH to ignore years worth of history. I absolutely support you bringing the IND back and I support it because of the history and lore behind the faction, regardless of whether or not its beneficial towards you.

It also provides something for the faction to actually do, which hasn't been much of anything the past couple of years due to their inferior/lack of a ship line and any other perks, which made them inherently inferior to the Rogues and Outcasts.
(12-06-2016, 09:48 PM)Durandal Wrote: [ -> ]Nah. Just because you're small and starting back up right now doesn't mean there is any reason for the LH to ignore years worth of history. I absolutely support you bringing the IND back and I support it because of the history and lore behind the faction, regardless of whether or not its beneficial towards you.

It also provides something for the faction to actually do, which hasn't been much of anything the past couple of years due to their inferior/lack of a ship line and any other perks, which made them inherently inferior to the Rogues and Outcasts.

How does this in any way force them to ignore their rp? It just means they can't chase us all around Sirius and attack us without making a demand. There are lots of factions the LH is hostile to that they don't have this liberty with.
Dunno, man. If you were so eager to bring back the IND as it was in those days, you should bring it back as it was. With all the roleplay history that you had. You still roleplay the group as a part of Interspace, right?
IF you want to make a request by all means go ahead and do it here like everyone else: http://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=186
*and by that i do mean it will be ignored otherwise
Also you mutually got that line because of the rp which happened between your factions, if you want it gone start a new faction with a different name otherwise i don't see why it should be ignored by them..
Even back before Disbandment we were an Independent Group and not a part of IC.

The Line, in all honesty, should have been deleted when the IND disbanded back in the day.
That's fine, but by the same rational, I hope the admins keep this in mind, because if we go official, we should expect to get back the same rights and privileges as before, since it's all the same as before right? Other factions don't have to even acknowledge us as the old faction, the OC have basically decided we are enemies, even though we spent years supplying them. No one is treating us the same as before except the LH and the rules. And that's all cool as long as it's going to go both ways, but I doubt it will.
Hello there,

Firstly, this post comes as a surprise to us, I think it's common courtesy to speak with the respective official faction first, listen to what they have to say and then post a request or do whatever you think is best.

Most factions on this server have a set of "archenemies" which they are able to hunt Sirius-wide. With a staggering 8 years of history between the two factions, we have one of the longest and most animose rivalries in the history of DiscoveryGC.

Also the claim that LH ID can attack IND without a demand is untrue and incorrect. In any case we are always interested if you wish to contact us as we will listen to your ideas and concerns as well as seek out a common solution.

(edit) Clarification: By current ID restrictions a Lane Hacker can only pirate IND transports anywhere in the Sirius and BUT NOT attack them on sight as it can only treat as combat targets transports hauling gate and lane parts.
Pages: 1 2