Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Predicament of a Pair
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Howdy folks, I'm looking to maybe dip my feet back into Freelancer and want to see about having my friend join me in our role playing escapades. This friend of mine happens to live with me, which means we'll be connecting to the 'net with the same router. I've been browsing the forums periodically and it seems that the server's anti-cheat is occasionally triggered by running Freelancer on two computers within the same network.

Is this something we have to worry about? I mean if it came down to it, I could take a picture or short video of us both playing the game simultaneously as proof that I'm not trying to pull a fast one. Or, is this something that I'm jumping the gun on and really shouldn't worry about? I just want to make sure that I'm not violating any odd rules here - I mean, getting auto-banned for doing nothing but playing together with a friend would seem quite silly.

As a side note, are there any active low-combat, high RP focused factions recruiting at present time? I'm thinking the lawful side of Sirius would be better for now, since my pal is relatively new to the game.

Answers to either or both questions are welcome and greatly appreciated!
Hi, it would be better if some admin could confirm it, but as far as I know, multiboxing is considered upon more than just same IP. Most often people are reported for possible multiboxing because of their suspicious behaviour ingame, like when two trade ships fly everywhere together (in formation mostly), logs show they never speak to each other ingame and also they never speak both at same time during interactions with third parties. There were people already who play on the same network, because they live in the same house/flat, and it was not problem.

As for the second question, I can drop shameless commercial for Rheinland Federal Polizei. We are lawful, we have combat from time to time (sometimes less, sometimes more) but there is also a lot of possibilities regarding possible roleplay and character development, it is just up to you. For example we have members with character which created contacts and relations with political opposition with all the moral dilemmas which stem from it, or character which got under nomad control and player is over time building the story about it which led even to creation of SRP.

Oh and we have remote cargo scanner and /nodock command. And sirens! Wink
You can log as many accounts on one IP as you like as long chars logged on each account show actions separate from each other, which means: as long it's distinguishable that each account is played by a different actual person, you're fine.

//Edit: As for high RP focussed groups, poke me on Skype.