Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Changes.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well what to say. They way I run things has been a spur in my butt by certain individuals for awhile. I'm more open to let people into a group if their friendly and happy and get along well with others i mean some days just achieving faction minimums is like.. a miracle. That was my only goal.

But sombra brought my attention to other things I let go things i dropped along the way. My integrity.

But. well. aside from the new job and. changes life brought I'm seeing some stuff has to change. Things have to change because its the right way to run things. it's the right way to conduct them.

Now i'm no stranger to "the meta". being in Junker congress those old sunsa b's are a paranoid and persecuted group when the chips are down. In fact the pressure was so huge in that faction that when things successively went badly it was a huge stress on all the members they turned to backbiting.. backstabbing or just going off to do what they can to survive or make money off the whole ordeal.

I mean their junkers. In rp but it was a strange thing to see the oorp effects. In Fact the only time I saw JT truly happy was when he wasn't being worked to death at home and in this game. I'm friends with jt. and anyone in congress who will have me as a friend on steam. mostly. and playing other games with friends is great. i mean its the point.

But disco is different isnt it? here's a lot of hard earned effort here. Player owned bases was the new crack cocaine to "keep" people here cause all the rushing to get a cap ship with all the rules on how to use them and balance changes over time made their appeal the icing of the cake..

No.. while we're here we devote flower amounts of time writing lore making factions and frankly. Too much of it wasted effort because of some outdated rule or procedure invalidates it.

Your friends with the wrong people they pvp too much they think so and so is an idiot. .. LOL and im a big flower to alot of peeps. Im sorry but i just wished you got to know me. before you got so offended by my powerful whiles and words that wounded you so... so terribly.

This is not a suicide note. its a murder confession.

The original khara was supposed to be an equal membership akin to the wilde. but i realise there really wasn't such a thing in the wilde. Dave literally admitted his tyranny. But we were comfortable with it it was the safeguard against us being stupid or. any of us acting out of turn. I ran the first iteration of Khara to be a circle of equals where the charter of membership was its only master. This charter was an agreement among friends that literally said. Take care of one another and appoint officers for duties when the time came. - more on this later.

Too optimistic .. perhaps. My mother was diagnosed with emphysema in 2012. There were affairs to get in order after a large car accident involving her. Khara defaulted to nosferath who was going to college to join the great big real world. gods bless him. Conrad was brand spanking new when i left. He was smart and savvy and had amazing rp concepts and skills. infact i remember at least 4 positive things about all our morphs. it helps me remember them.

SOMEWHERE in there yuri cam back. and did what yuri does..

I came back to disco some time later only to suffer a layoff at both me and my intended work. both without work and on our savings and retirement disbursements we survived for a few months IN THE DANK WILDERNESS OF PENNSYLVANIA. this exile from our home was.. nerve wracking i dunno if i was just used to getting kicked in the nuts by this point or not. But when The call came to come back home only one of us was working and the best i could do was tutoring and small temporary work.

I guess in the worst of times you look for your friends again. i presided over the darkest summer in congress history as its arbiter. My land. .... it was depressing thank god real life was seeing more progress.

ANYWAY aside the personal stuff somewhere i met a sith names jessi and he taught me the dark side of the force. The first few steps were literally regaining who i was. and even thought it was seen a huge bad idea I asked conrad for my khara back. He obliged.

I was intent on running it a bit closer to congress lines. Old players vouching for new players and chaperoning the morphs until their ready rp and speech wise to bee full khara members.

THAT TAKES... effort.. not just on my part but on the part of my members. that idea failed and i was mostly reaching out to old khara members. some of them came back and we're glad to be back. some just hung out to hang out and some sat there... for the meta.

The meta is literally being there just to hear what ***** going down in chats. Entire skype chats bloated with these leeches and chiggers of metagaming kill factions and give baby jesus cancer.

The wilde split up sometime in the past too. I was a guest there and sat in there long enough to be one of the old old people. I mean.. the coolest people in there to my memory were stoat jens and david cause they never called me a flower.

But. david had a life. and left. He was.. becoming..optimistic. you see.. and has recently returned as the cool guy he is. He had good points about running wilde and khara in a new way.

But i already made that mistake. We all already know the disease here. The disease is indiscretion. its laziness. its literally non commitment under the guise of "the community is too small" .

Welp. Im murdering it all right now. Throwing the body in a wood chipper mixing the remnants with honey and throwing it in a cow patch where it will never be seen again.

Earlier I killed nomspeech. but that was just the beginning. no.. Little changes can phase things in. but for a faction like khara to work it needs a supreme amount of order and a firm hand a commitment to doing things cleanly.

Now.. Despite me professing the reasons why i do things the way i did. ... well. i realise. that doesn't change or fix a damn thing.

The only way to fix a problem is to fix it so this part of the letter it so my members. My khara.

Guys. The level of commitment has been so mediocre ... really honest to god your remind me of community school kids. screwing around for their own ends and coasting through the class in ***** stained pajamas.

maybe i'm just an insufferable bastard but being soft on Inmates or college students does not help them. it doesn't help us either. So khara is going hardcore mode.

You will have till the end of the year to fit these requirements.

Only other factions you are in are allied to Khara. - they will be reviewed and scrutinised.

You will fly two hours minimum and two posts minimum per month in the mindstream this is a commitment if you fall short its ok but it cannot persist. You may lose your capacity to fly larger ships.

Your Mind'Node will be tracked and given capacity for certain ships and these will be publicly tracked in these forums. This is essentially your rank. you gain capacity and mind power to create all sorts of things and in some cases hybrid characters with human like expressions.

Interpersonal issues will be aired out discussed and resolved immediately

Your membership is AT will per huggie. He's the one you need to convince.

Some of you I know have membership in other groups allies or possible white to nomads. again the review will have to occur. Because of this recruitment is suspended till january. Trade faction? makes more sense than a house military or the order for us.. so the line is dotted not solid there.

Some of you have started official factions. contrary or openly hostile to nomads.. and im not going to make you choose thats silly. But i would like you to go out the door with dignity. You can either keep your ships on indie nomad ids and sell the larger ones off or. give them to the faction or strip down and sell. their yours but rules are rules and no longer being in the faction thems the brakes.

The public list of inclusions and exclusions will be updated upon changes.

The wilde taught me a lot about the procedure of invite only faction running. This is where we are going but... I am going to demand more from these invitees. This requires a.. Commitment. A solid. Strong. and disciplined commitment to what we're doing and there will be no guessing that your friends and comrades are your friends and comrades.

And if you think you have laurels in which to rest. I will remove them. Its healthy to move on from what doe no longer interest you and that can happen.. it's not a bad thing.

Invite faction. but with no lifetime guarantee.
Quote:Only other factions you are in are allied to Khara. - they will be reviewed and scrutinised.

As a member of K'Hara i am willing to fufill any requirement you throw at me. I love being in this faction. But the requirement i quoted is not possible for 99% of K'Hara Members.

I urge you to reconsider or you will lose most of your members.

You are basically asking me to throw away my Osiris RP to be in K'Hara.
Yes, you're asking people who happen to be in other factions to just leave, even if they formed them.

Yeah, I get it, some people make incredibly dumb comments or statements saying that K'Hara is basically [faction A] or [faction B] - but that's their own silly comment.

You're being too overly serious with this. If you really want people to leave, you're going to have no K'Hara. There are other issues to tackle firstly, such as reasoning to log, objectives, faction motivations, outside influence (such as oorphate, though it should be mostly ignored) - hell, there's no faction message dump.

People know that when they're going to log K'Hara that it's basically, "okay i'm going to be pvpdead in that system for two hours" for most cases.

you're expecting things to happen without setting a goal, don't do that.

Good work, Huggie, and good luck.

Although you're going to have an extremely difficult time enforcing that.

I do agree it's unfair for people with SRP characters.
Restricting what factions members can join goes against one of the core values that Disco was built upon. It is disappointing to see this from a special faction, let alone an official faction. I would hope the admins would step in on this one.
Admins shouldn't step in really. A faction can decide what rules it has on joining. Though in some cases faction leaders have too much power.

Just watch it die and being replaced should this be enforced, which I don't believe.
tbh as long as your members are cool with it then it shouldnt be a problem.
You are, however, restricting yourself new members by doing this move.
(12-13-2016, 09:48 PM)Zelot Wrote: [ -> ]Restricting what factions members can join goes against one of the core values that Disco was built upon. It is disappointing to see this from a special faction, let alone an official faction. I would hope the admins would step in on this one.

Disappointing? Everything as of late it is disappointing. Look around you. We're no longer in 2007-2008.
There isn't anything worth staying around here for.
K'hara as a faction.

Minimal server presence, outside of shooting things in Omicrons, and occasioanlly invading New York with battleships. Slim forum RP, I've seen a lot of two sentence threads.

Discovery has small community.

And that community is not the kind that can afford 'one faction, or no faction'. Eve Online, something that has 30 Thousand paying subscribes, could not handle this. Discovery, that has barely 300 Regulars is supposed to.

K'hara was already stagnating, from the outside. I can only imagine now it's doing so from the inside as well
(12-13-2016, 10:39 PM)Internity Wrote: [ -> ]Disappointing? Everything as of late it is disappointing. Look around you. We're no longer in 2007-2008.
There isn't anything worth staying around here for.

Then why are you still here?
Pages: 1 2 3