Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Can't Join Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. Vendetta and Chuba have an issue where they cannot see the server at all on the server list. They have tried doing the following:

-Restarting the game + PC
-Refreshing the server list
-Adding the IP to forced arguments
-Disabling IPV6
-Reinstalling the game
-Peerblocks were turned off
-Added a firewall exception
-Checked Antivirus

It'd be really appreciated if there was some help. They can't play the game at all.
Country of origin (dont have to share that ofcourse, privacy etc)?
Either they are blocked by
- firewall (did they actually try disabling their WINDOWS firewall? There's 3 of those)
- router (i know what you wrote)
- the server itself
- ISP.

Verify they are using the correct syntax on the launcher IP.
Code:
-s212.83.182.157:2302
(12-12-2016, 07:41 PM)Auzari Wrote: [ -> ]
-Restarting the game + PC
-Refreshing the server list
-Adding the IP to forced arguments
-Disabling IPV6
-Reinstalling the game
-Peerblocks were turned off
-Added a firewall exception
-Checked Antivirus

Does reinstalling the game also cover reinstalling the launcher?
when you say checked anti virus, is there something in the "quarantined" still about it

i wrote this sometime back when people had issues perhaps it might help, just a hope

Try these steps

1. Uninstall disco and freelancer and any other mods (some mods interfere with disco)

2. Go into your my documents and delete any saved folder that you see of freelancer/disco

3. Check your virus checker for any quarantined “dsace.dll” and remove it

4. Temporary disable “live” protection of your virus checker, and also whilst at it, make sure you don’t have an over protective firewall

5. Reinstall freelancer to default folders and then install disco to default folders
Eg mine is C:\Users\*your login*\AppData\Local\Discovery Freelancer 4.88.1

6. Go into your virus checker and tell it to allow that ENTIRE folder and all in it

7. Try disco before enabling virus checker

8. if it crashes after that and you have bloom enabled, disable it, by going into the freelancer folder, locating d3d8.dll and rename it to something else, eg d3d8.dllold, and then retry

That SHOULD work,

If that works, re enable your virus checker, if it still works, then it’s done and shouldn’t flare up again, if it now stops working, and your virus checker as re quarantined the dsace, then you have a naff virus checker

Uninstall it and get a different one that works

If you don’t have a virus check installed, even a basic free one for minimal protection is better than none!