Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: Gun and Red Dead Revolver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really like Western movies like The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, High Plains Drifter, etc, so I thought I might try out some Western games. From what I can tell from screenshots, they're both rather mediocre as far as graphics go, but I think rough edges like that might actually make them even better. Anyway, have any of you played them? Opinions?
I have them both. Gun in my opinion is far superior to Red Dead, but that's just me. I never finished Red Dead, there was a part about halfway through that I tried over and over to get by, to no avail....so that kinda did it in for me. Gun on the other hand I finished, an awesome game indeed. I just wish they'd made a Gun II. There was talk for a while but it never took for some odd reason, since everyone was raving about the first one so much.

My $.02

I've heard that Gun is a really short game, and that RDR is hard and has an awesome soundtrack. If you've played 007 Nightfire or Every or Nothing, how would they compare?
Never played either of those games. Gun took me about 4 hours to beat if I remember correctly. And the soundtrack was pretty cool for Red Dead, I think. It's been a while since I played them. But I would recommend getting Gun, you can get it new for about $20. Just saw it in Wal-Mart the other day as a matter of fact. It will be money well spent.

Edit: And by the way, love your sig.....Iggy Pop RULES!!
hmm, what about Call of juarez?

i was soo underhyped in surprised if not much people know about it, i personally liked it, a good break from space-marine-in-super-suit-kills-aliens
FPS's

it has pretty good graphics as well, like most modern games
Actually RDR is $4 used and Gun is like $10 used down the street at Gamestop. Only problem is that they're rated M. D:
Edit: Call of Juarez looks cool too, but I don't have Vista or an XBOX 360 unfortunately.
I downloaded the PC version of Gun the other night... holy crap its fun. Kinda laggy on my computer, but the storyline is pretty good and the fact that you can go anywhere and shoot anyone is awesome. It's pretty evident that it was a console game first and PC game second; the controls seem better suited to a gamepad than mouse and keyboard.