Discovery Gaming Community

Full Version: [Official Event]: First Fight, Tau 44 - Chapter I (22nd Sunday January, 20:00 UTC)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Since the discussion on repair ship rules is apparently just being whitewashed out, you can forget about an officially-endorsed GRN| participation in this event. I can't tell my members not to attend, but I can certainly advise them strongly not to and take more than a couple out with me.

It's all well and good to write it off as the start of another 70-page whine thread, , but when a balance dev posts about perceived brokenness related to PvP you might want to consider that he may have a point. I can't imagine your experience with the current repair ship is anywhere near his.

Good luck with the GRN indies. Smile
True, but the event is made and conducted by the players who requested them. If their rules make it into a failure, that is up to them.
This is not a PvE event. This is a PvP event and there is legitimate feedback coming in regarding the stacked and one-sided nature of the event rules. I don't see how it's in your job description to push posts that are very much on-topic out of the way.

FWIW, I was involved (not much, but that's my fault) only in the locational planning of this event and the various storyline outcomes. There was no consultation on my or GRN| as a whole's end regarding the rulings. Considering this is apparently an official storyline event, I think we should be allowed some input in the kind of melee we're being pulled into.
Bring your own repships, problem solved. A fight between two fleets of repships would be hilarious.

PS: Bombers are good at snacing repships too, right?
Fair point.
I am sorry if my level of judgement is a bit black and white right now, I am going through a rather nasty case of the flu. Needless to say, I am going to step back and let this thread double as the discussion thread, however it is really up to the event posters and to make any changes to the rules, mind.
(12-17-2016, 12:25 AM)Thunderer Wrote: [ -> ]Bring your own repships, problem solved. A fight between two fleets of repships would be hilarious.

PS: Bombers are good at snacing repships too, right?

We don't have the people to bring repair ships and a fighting force. Speaking entirely from an official faction PoV, GRN| is currently down to about 5ish members that actually log at all, and one of our most prolific is currently without a working PC. It'd be a miracle to have more than 4 or 5 tagged ships show up even in the best case scenario with how badly our numbers have atrophied.

And you're half right - bombers can SNAC repair ships nice and quickly if they get the opportunity. Unfortunately, it's hard to get the opportunity when they're stuck inside a ball of friendly caps. I think you saw how the repair ship at SEI delayed the whole GRN assault by at least 10-15 minutes while we got a missile BC out to deal with it.

(12-17-2016, 12:26 AM)sindroms Wrote: [ -> ]Fair point.
I am sorry if my level of judgement is a bit black and white right now, I am going through a rather nasty case of the flu. Needless to say, I am going to step back and let this thread double as the discussion thread, however it is really up to the event posters and to make any changes to the rules, mind.

Thanks for that, at least. I'll probably poke Thyr on Skype or something and see if we can work something out.
I have a feeling Thyrzul had no input on neither the rules or the description of the event. Just seems like all of Shaggys doings.

Also, this should have been discussed between both sides, not just the event posters.
To be honest call GRN| to come fight as the equal side and not allowing to give any input is just a disgusting move.
I never saw this hit the council hc as Im in the council hc.

Repair ships and no missile will force me and grn to result to buttcloaking and eternally shooting zephyrs.

If i reluctantly come itll be on a snub, someone else can command the GRN caps.
Then just discuss it now.
What is so difficult?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16